Saturday, 3 June 2017

Ultimate creative freedom...

I have been telling myself off for some time now for being so "neat" and restrained all the time when it comes to crafting. Well, this next photo could not be further from my usual neat and restrained style. As you can see, I just went for it! For me it was ultimate creative freedom.

I started with Dylusion spray inks. It looks like I added purple but it was the pink and blue spray mixed together. Because the Dylusions colours are very vivid I thought I would tone it all down with white Gesso, but was not sure if it would work. I was half expecting the Dylusions to reactivate and mix with the Gesso to form a yukky mess, but whilst there was a little mixing of colours the white Gesso still softened the Dylusion colours.

Then once all that was dry I added acrylic paint and went to town! It was my first attempt at this kind of art and was purely all experimental rather than any attempt at creating a masterpiece. I tried to just do it intuitively rather than stop and think about every detail. It is way outside of my comfort zone but I have learned such a lot, especially how art products work together. I know there are things I would do differently next time. This style may not be to everyone's taste, but I really love it.

It occured to me that it would be great to scan my abstract paintings onto my computer, so that if I say I want to make a matching envelope with a card, I can just print off a duplicate. That way I will have them forever and can use the design as often as I want!

 Grafitti 1 
Then, using different colours another design, this time using solely acrylic paints. At some point I will make something with them, I think they take on a new meaning and look amazing when put in the context of a papercraft creation.

Grafitti 2


 I love creating abstract art and feel this is definitely something I want to pursue and try an improve on.

I'm currently having a major reorganisation of my craft area which is turning into a far bigger job than I thought it would be so crafting may be slower until it is sorted. I'll be back as soon as I can! x

1 comment:

Sara Barker said...

Your play time yielded beautiful results! Love your mixed media style!