Saturday, 17 June 2017

Hand painted designer paper creations...

I've been gone far longer than I anticipated. things went from very busy to just manic, but at long last I managed to get back in the craft room again.

Following on from my last post, I did scan my art work onto my computer and printed off one of the designs to come up with these creations.

I have to say these are by far my favourite creations ever. It is incredibly satisfying creating your own designer papers and then using them for papercrafting. 

Grafitti abstract 1

What started out as just an experimental piece of abstract art, where I just used Dylusions sprays, white Gesso and then added some doodling with acrylic paint, I think came together as a really nice patterned paper design.

I love the colours and just the overall messy random artwork. I actually find really it hard to do "random" and I am definitely using creative synapses that I'm not used to using!  Having gone down the clean and simple route for so long my brain is struggling to cope with this new way of working, but for the moment at least I want to continue down this path and I'm not sure at this present time if I will ever return to my CAS roots. We'll see.

Grafitti abstract 6 
It is a long time since I have used a print in my crafting so I had to experiment with different types of printing paper to see which would produce the best results.

For me, the absolute winner was Hunkydory's Printable Insert paper. Although meant for printing card inserts, the 135gsm paper is a good heavyweight paper for papercrafting, especially for making things like envelopes. I think this paper produces fantastic prints. I managed to get this small enelope and card from one A4 sheet of paper, and for the card I simply mounted the offcut of paper onto some card to make it sturdy. 

Grafitti abstract 5 

To add to the overall messy look, I decided to machine stitch both my card and envelope with black cotton, something I have not done for many years and had forgotten how good it looks.

 Grafitti abstract 7 
The finishing touch for me is the gorgeous silk sari ribbon I found on Ebay. I found it quite by accident and initially bought just one skein. When I received it I absolutely fell in love with it and ordered more colours!

The flower is a stamp I found in my stash that bought many years ago by Laura Ashley.  The gem is also from my stash, I can't remember where I got it now. I have used a magnetic clasp by Papermania as my envelope closure.

Grafitti abstract 4 
And here is a photo of just some of the sari ribbon, the colours are so vivid.

Grafitti abstract 3

I look forward to creating more abstract work to scan. I suddenly love full on colour, something that has been missing from my crafting for some time until now.

The new craft area is coming on nicely but not yet finished due to the sweltering heat and may have to wait until things cool down a bit.

I will do my best not to leave it quite so long again, but things are still a bit unpredictable. Trust me if I can craft I will!

See you soon x

No comments: