Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Show Stopping Aperture Cards...

  Well, I think they're quite show stopping lol, I hope you do to!

I was trying to think of other ways to use my lovely Gelli prints and started thinking along the lines of an aperture card, to reveal my Gelli print inside the card. 

I considered a square or circle aperture but thought this would be a bit predictable, so chose these diamond nesties from Spellbinders and X-Cut.

Diamond 1 
 It was only as I die cut the centre diamond I thought to continue the lines upwards and cut the V shape notches at the top of the card to reveal even more of the inside.

Diamond 2 
I die cut the black frame by laying one nestie inside another, colouring my black cardstock with a black Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to add a bit of glamour.

Diamond 3

Then it was just a case of adding some serious bling, I have had these rhinestones for years, I think they were from the Hobby House but I can't be sure.  The sentiments are by Papertrey from the Boutique Border range.

Diamond 4 
 The last photo gives you a bit of a better view of my Gelli prints...  

Diamond 5 

I know my crafting style is swinging from one extreme to the other, but I won't go on about it anymore, I'll just continue to do whatever pops into my li'l head lol.

See you soon x

7 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I certainly DO think they are show stopping!! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog! Now following!! Can't wait to see more! Thank you for inspiring!Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Shauna Todd said...

Very cool! I love the cut-outs that allow the inside background to show through ... outstanding!

blaze said...

I have been following you for some time, but have never taken the time to let you know how inspiring you are. Pity. Well, you ARE--inspiring and BRAVE! I keep looking at your work--all of it--and think I couldn't possibly come up with anything as beautiful! Kudos! Keep up your gorgeous experimenting!

Elaine Stark said...

Stunning cards. Very different. Elaine

Jan Ltc said...

They are class, your fabulous creations are always show stopping xx Jan

Jen said...

These are beautiful, elegant cards. I'm enjoying seeing you take a very arty medium and make wonderful cards.

SARN said...

Please keep on doing what you're doing, because it's AMAZING. Your creativity is awesome. I love the ingenious way you've created the apertures & frames to show off the GP backgrounds. X