Tuesday, 23 May 2017

My first Art Journal pages...


Despite it still being really busy at home, I actually managed to find some proper me time today. I have been itching to have a go at some art journalling but I knew it wasn't really the kind of thing that was going to take 5 minutes and I needed time to think about what I wanted to do.

I started with some Anna Marie papers called Blissful Cotton and gave each side a wash of white Gesso. Then it was a case of collaging some papers, trying to create balance on each side as I did it.

AJ4

The lovely butterfly is by Stampotique, a real beauty. I then added some Lindy's inks and Prima Frank Garcia Memory Hardware Artisan Powder in Mesdames Merlot, a really rich magenta powder which I mixed with water to create a wash. 

My fave product is the new Glitter Kiss in Pink Sapphire which I painted onto the butterfly wings.

AJ6

Then it was just a case of splashing white Dylusion ink over both sides.The sentiment is by Indigo Blu called "Discover Your Passion".

AJ3

 I've put my art journal pages in the scrapbook/journal I got from Hobbycraft. I really enjoyed the whole process and hope to add many more pages in the future. I will be entering my art journal creation into this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Monday Challenge called "Little Critters".

See you soon x

3 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Dang! This is so pretty! I don't usually go for the style of the Stampotique images, but this butterfly is a beauty! You did a fabulous job with your pages! Well done!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal pages Sarita, they are so pretty, the colours and details are beautiful, love the butterfly and sentiment too, absolutely stunning! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher ! :-) please email us, the address is on the challenge blog sidebar.
Luv
Lols x x x

├čeulah ├čee said...

Lovely!