Friday, 21 April 2017

Distress Gelli print...

When I first pulled this Gelli print I didn't like it and was going to bin it. It was only when I was sorting through my many Gelli prints today I came across this one again and suddenly fell in love with it. I just had to create a card with it and share it with you. 

I love the grungey look and the gold pattern created with a floral embossed piece of card pressed into the paint. I used the fab Decoart Media metallic gold fluid acrylic, my personal fave gold paint.

Gelli 5a 
 I recently bought some laser cut chipboard and have used a decorative oval chipboard by Anenome to put behind my flower. I didn't ink or paint it as I actually love the rustic look against the distress background.

Gelli 5b 
 The fab sentiment is from a new stamp set called "Lynne's Affirmation-Set 2 and the flower is from Hobbycraft.

Gelli 5c

 I think the moral of the story for me is don't throw any Gelli prints away, not even the ones that I think have gone horribly wrong! In fact I am learning with mixed media not to throw anything away as it is a great way of recycling all sorts of things that may otherwise end up in the bin.

Thank you for stopping by, see you again soon x


4 comments:

Juls said...

Stunning xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a gorgeous card and I'm so pleased that your Gelli print didn't end up in the bin. I absolutely agree with you about not throwing things straight in the bin. I usually save mine to revisit at a later time and I find that they can usually be adapted. The red scenic card that I posted earlier this week was one that I had put away. I had originally done it in oranges and browns but I didn't like it, so I changed the colour and 'Hey Presto,'. Thank you for your visit to my blog, for your kind comments and for becoming a follower. Happy crafting, Sandra x

Shauna Todd said...

Love, love, love the background! Very nice, Sarita!

Sara Barker said...

I'm so glad you didn't toss this print. It looks fabulously elegant paired with the flower and chippie! You've inspired me to get a gelli plate, but it's STILL in the bag...