Saturday, 18 March 2017

Creating designer tissue paper...

This is a follow on from my last post in which I used paper napkins to create a card. As the napkin was 2 ply, with the top part being the floral design and the bottom part just plain white tissue I decided I would have a go at making my own designer tissue paper for decoupage with the plain white napkin. 

I used black Archival ink to randomly stamp a selection of stamps all over the tissue...

D3 

For the purposes of comparison I have created the card in a similar layout to previous posts using a large Prima flower which I have sprayed with Lindy's sprays and the same little metal frame. As before I used matte Mod Podge to adhere the napkin...

 D2 


 I added some copper colour Lindy's Starburst ink sprays before adding the texture flourish as I wanted the texture paste to remain white.

D4


I have such a lot of scrapbook style stamps that have rarely been used and are perfect for this type of project.

And my creations are getting ever inkier as I get a little braver! Hope you like, see you soon x

1 comment:

Debbie Gaetz said...

love it! I've often worked with the top ply but threw away the bottom; how unfortunate! I wish there was a pic of your entire card design; it's beautiful! thanks for the idea.