Thursday, 2 February 2017

Losing my marbles...

This card had originally been destined for the bin.

I made it a few weeks ago using the "marbling with shaving foam" technique.  I have done this technique many years ago but just felt like giving it another go as it has been so long.

I used pink and yellow Dylusion inks, but when I first lifted the paper off the colours just seemed too vivid and it looked a bit of a mess. So I just put it to one side on my craft table, thought about binning it but ended up just forgetting about it.

To my surprise, when I looked at it today I realised the marbling had faded and the colours were  much more subdued. 

  Marbled card 2 

It was a bit of an "OMG" moment. Now I really love it.

I've added sentiments and Hugs die by Papertrey to finish it off.

  Marbled card 1

If you haven't ever given it a go there are lots of tutorials on Youtube. It is a bit of a messy technique but I will definitely be experimenting with different colours now that it finally turned out OK.

Just one of the many things I love about crafting, you never quite know how things will turn out!

Anyway, bye for now x

4 comments:

Christina said...

I hate it when my marbling swoons. The card is gorgeous.

madhatter said...

Absolutely love the card. I keep meaning to try the shaving foam technique but I forgot all about it, bit think I will have to have a go now with such beautiful results. I've not felt very well today and have spent the day going through your blog and had a wonderful time discovering new techniques and colours I would never have put together. Thank you for your inspiration.
Tracey.xx

aufspapiergebracht said...

OMG 😲!!!!
So GREAT !!!!!
Greetings Elisabeth

theresal said...

What a beautiful card. I'm going to try the shaving cream for sure. I was hoping you could tell me who makes the "hugs" die. I love it. A must have. Thank you.