Monday, 6 February 2017

Another little original watercolour...

Well I did say I was going to do more watercolour painting and this is my latest creation...

Watercolour flower 2a 

I have invested in a few different types of watercolour brushes. One of the best watercolour brushes for trees, and the mottled effect on my flowers, is a fan brush and I think I will use this a lot in my painting.

Now my little flowers are not meant to be particularly realistic in form or colour, just my artistic interpretation of a flower and whatever pops into my head at that time, not even sketching them first.

  Watercolour card 4

And then of course I just cropped it to incorporate it into my card.

  Watercolour flower 2b

I'm still very much at the experimenting stage as it has been so long since I have really done any serious painting. And I don't just paint flowers. In the past I have painted animals, landscapes, all sorts really so who knows what I may do next!

I shall be entering this card for this week's Less Is More challenge.

See you again soon x

10 comments:

Esther said...

Sarita, I'm absolutely blown away by your beautiful card! The layout is so stylish and classy, and then to find you painted the flowers yourself... wow! So elegant and delicate, and really looking incredibly professional. What an awesome piece of artwork! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Kathyk said...

So pretty and such great brushwork

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely beautiful colour combo here Sarita and a perfect technique. Your flower heads show off the technique here brilliantly. Thanks so much for playing along in our 6th birthday challenge at Less is More this week. Sarah

Sarah Gray said...

This is exquisite, Sarita! I love the colours and that fan brush has created a beautiful effect. I look forward to seeing more paintings from you :) Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More!

Sandy Waters said...

Very pretty and I love the way you put it in the window of the card!

Preety said...

such a pretty card :) love the cas design
cheers
preety

Sheila in Cyprus said...

This is simply beautiful Sarita.

Love your artistic flair.

Sheila x

Debbie L said...

absolutely stunning - just stunning

Debbie L said...

absolutely stunning - just stunning

Sharon said...

Your incredible talent knows no bounds Sarita! Your watercolour painting of those flowers is absolutely flawless. As Sarah said - exquisite! There is grace and beauty in the artwork and even the sense of a balmy afternoon breeze wafting those flowers. *sigh* You've pulled it all together so elegantly in the layout of your card. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx