Sunday, 8 January 2017

Valentine, be mine...

A very happy New Year to everyone!

I'm glad to report I am feeling a bit better and have been able to get back into my craft room. Having been in Christmas crafting mode for the last few months it is refreshing to focus on something else, and as Valentine's day is not that far away I thought I would make this my next project.

I do love this collage style of card making, although I do not find it easy to master. 

The first thing was to create an inky background but in a very small area so I used my smallest acrylic block to apply some Lindy's Magicals in Salt Water Taffy. You can see the technique I used here

  Valentine card 1

The lovely bracket stamp is by Technique Tuesday called Functuation. I have had this stamp set for at least 10 years and never used it. I always knew one day I would find a use for it.

  Valentine Card 2

The arrow stamp is from Kaisercraft Edges stamp set, and the "be mine" die cut is Penny Black.

  Valentine Card 3

Well, it's good to be back. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, see you soon x

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful Valentine! I love your elegant style. Glad you are feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Shauna Todd said...

Love the card... you are a talent!