Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Painting your own watercolour image...

I was in two minds whether to post these photos. I haven't done any drawing or watercolouring for ages and was just playing around with some new watercolour brushes. Before I knew it I had painted these little flowers, and after die cutting the image onto a stitched rectangle I kinda liked it so I thought I would create a card with it.

I know the idea of stamping is to save having to draw or paint your own images, but there is something very satisfying about creating your own image, knowing it is truly unique. I think also you can add so much more shade and colour that can be very difficult do with a stamp.

Of course, there is one thing using someone else's design, but when I create an image myself, it feels like I'm kinda laying myself bare because it has come from me, and at the moment I'm certainly not confident!

  Watercolour flower handmade card 1a

I like the idea of merging my love crafting with drawing and painting, but I am definitely out of practice of the latter. Also, there is one thing watercolouring onto an A4 sheet of paper, but it is challenging downsizing the images to incorporate them into a 6" x 6" card.

The die cut Thank You sentiment is by Penny Black.

  Watercolour flower handmade card 2a

I know I can do better than this, this really was just a little practice, but I hope it gives a flavour of hopefully things to come as I do intend to do more painting this year.

Anyway, I hope you like, see you soon x

15 comments:

Carole said...

I don't know why you are not confident Sarita...this is beautiful and you are very talented. I remember work from years ago on your blog that you had created totally by yourself and totally unique to you. Always classy and you should be so proud. I look forward to seeing more of your designs! xx

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely and elegant card!

Shauna Todd said...

Oh, Sarita, I LOVE this card! So simple, so elegant! The flowers remind me of the Scottish thistles.

Angela Allen said...

Hi Sarita
This card is beautiful. I love everything about it, the colour, the flowers. Looks simple ,clean and very classy. Lovely.
Love Angela x

Elaine Stark said...

Your card is stunning. A beautiful creation. Elaine

José said...

O, this is so gorgeous, love it!

Julie said...

Beautiful and so elegant- I'd love to be able to paint like that!xx

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What an elegant beauty!

Sandy Waters said...

I think you did a great job and I'm glad you shared it! I really like seeing how folks are using watercolor on their cards.

Sheila in Cyprus said...


This is simply beautiful Sarita,like Carole I remember your art work from a while ago, you are certainly back on track with another stunning design.

Love Sheila x

Debbie L said...

lovely CAS card

Magic Flying Boots said...

Wow, wow, wow, absolutely stunning - I am so pleased you decided to share this! A friend has just sent me the link to your blog, and I love your work. Really beautiful!

Jen xx

Jane Oelfke said...

This is lovely! Whose thank you die is this?

Kiwigirl said...

Beautiful cards. Where did you get the sentimental

Lisa Ainscough said...

Such a beautiful piece of art work disguised as a simple card. Just love it.
Cheers
Lisa