Wednesday, 14 December 2016

DIY Christmas gift wrap...

Christmas wrapping is not my thing, I'm generally just not very good at it, but I have enjoyed making some bespoke gift wrap.

You may think this took ages, but it really didn't. I just took an A3 sheet of paper, got all my sentiment stamps ready on individual blocks and then just randomly stamped all over, only taking a few minutes to complete the whole sheet. In my experience A3 paper is difficult to find on the high street, all I could find was not very good quality 80gsm paper, so I ordered some really good quality 120gsm A3 paper from Ebay. I was concerned whether it would turn up without being damaged, but it arrived in perfect condition. Although I don't use it that much it is very handy for this kind of project.

To make my gift warp I've used the entire set of Penny Black Yuletide Wishes stamp set...

DIY Christmas gift wrap 1a  

The lovely Poinsettia was created using the Elizabeth Craft Garden Notes Poinsettia die. I just kept adding extra petals to make it larger. I've used cardstock inked in Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade, and my fave Adirondack ink in Wild Plum. To finish I added the lovely Penny Black holly branch and some silver metallic cord.

  DIY Christmas gift wrap 2b

I think most people would be wowed if they received their present wrapped like this!

As before, the stamp set and poinsettia die are all from the Foiled Fox so do pop over to their fab online store and blog for inspiration,

See you soon x

6 comments:

Carole said...

This is so lovely Sarita...and no-one else will have the same paper...but it is too nice to then throw away and as crafters we would be recycling those sentiments in some way and of course the beautiful poinsettia!

Angela Allen said...

Hi Sarita
WOW what lovely gift wrap! Very special and bespoke, and a beautiful flower. You have some great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Love Angela x

Isabelle Siry said...

It is absolutely wonderful ! If I receive such a present, I even wouldn't be able to open it just because the wrapping is already a gorgeous gift itself ! Thanks for sharing !
Izzy Scrap

Susangail Powell said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Susangail Powell said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Susangail Powell said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!