Saturday, 5 November 2016

Making spirits bright...

I do love a tree. All kinds of trees. Usually I choose more traditional trees in my crafting, but these little stamps from Memory Box called "Making Spirits Bright" really caught my eye.

The colour scheme of purple and gold is for this week's challenge over at Less Is More. I was thrilled that my acetate Christmas card was showCASed on the Less Is More blog, thank you so much for choosing me for this honour! For those of you who asked I about my acetate card, I used Stazon ink to stamp the sentiment and Herma tape to adhere the die cut holly branches to the acetate, so no mess on the reverse!

P & G 1 

This card was just a case of lots of masking off to create layers. The sentiment stamp is by Kaisercraft simply called "Christmas sentiments" and of course I used a Tim Holtz die cut sentiment from the Handwritten Holidays die cut set. And I like using sentiment die cuts as props for my photos! The free standing sentiment is by Penny Black. 

  P & G 2

I really love these little contemporary trees and will probably use them to batch make cards to send to friends and family this year.

Well, I'm off to curl up on the sofa with my fur throw, it is so cold outside! 

See you soon x

14 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

I love this adorable card. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Esther said...

Fabulous, Sarita! This is full of understated style and elegance. I love the contemporary trees and the beautiful gold scripty sentiment. Using the different methods of adding sentiments has really taken the texture and interest up a notch and looks superb! Wonderfully clean and simple yet also stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More, and congrats on last week's showCASe!

Pat said...

This is a beautiul contemporary CAS card Sarita. It works beautifully. x

Isabelle Siry said...

First of all, Congratulations for being showcased in LIM with your acetate card ! You really deserve it, your card is absolutely wonderful ! I also love this purple and gold Christmas card ! Once again, it is very delicate and so CAS ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !
Izzy Scrap

Jan Crissman said...

Your cards this past month have been works of art!
ESP enjoying ones with Anna Griffin stamps and penny black holly.

Jan Ltc said...

Ohh Sarita I absolutely love your cards. Sorry I don't get to visit often xx Jan

Jen Nelson said...

Sarita, i absolutely love this, clean white with the shiny gold and purple tones... Fabulous

http://thetinybluebutterfly.blogspot.co.uk/

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply perfect sarita, wonderful and elegant touches of purple and gold and so many delightful elements yet totally CAS too! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

Viv said...

Great Xmas card Sarita, love those little trees & the purple and gold ;) Viv xx

Susan said...

What an elegant design. Love how you used the gold and popped up the one tree. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Sarita!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carole said...

Beautiful card Sarita....love it as always x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Simply gorgeous!

Julie B said...

Fab design, love this non traditional Christmas card. :)