Saturday, 19 November 2016

Late Autumn...

I've probably made more autumnal cards this year than any other, but I could not resist one more before autumn is gone and winter sets in.

Inspired by all the beautiful red ivy at this time of year, I wanted to create the effect of trailing ivy. So I used the trailing ivy die by Sue Wilson, die cut from card soaked in Tim Holtz distress inks in Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry and just hooked them around the card secured with a small amount of Herma tape.

  ivy1

I didn't stick the ivy down so it created these lovely shadows...

ivy2 

The lovely main sentiment is by Inkylicious and the quote is by Whimsy stamps.

  ivy 3

Well I'm off to enjoy the beautiful Autumn sunshine we have here today, hope you have a great weekend x

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Another absolute stunner Sarita! It brings back wonderful memories of autumn in the UK as we used to have a creeper that turned those glorious colours each year. Sadly, over here in Portugal we do not see those amazing colour changes. I can almost smell crisp or misty mornings looking at your card xx

Dotty Jo x said...

Simply stunning, Jo x

Carole said...

Oh love the colours on this ivy and clever not to stick it down to create the shadows.

Isabelle Siry said...

Absolutely stunning card Sarita ! Love the contrast of the white base card and the red ivy ! Your card is so light and so CAS ! I love it ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
Izzy Scrap