Sunday, 13 November 2016

Holiday cheer...

I don't normally use pinks and yellows to create Christmas cards but I have to say I'm really glad I did for this creation...

  HC4

The background was created with distress spray inks in Fossilized Amber and Picked Raspberry, all swooshed together on my craft mat with a small amount of water and then dipping a whole sheet of card into it.

I've used Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and die cut it from the same inked up card where the ink was heaviest.

  HC2

Finally I heat embossed the Christmas sentiment from Wplus9 randomly all over the card. The ink and the heat embossing did slightly warp the cardstock so I ironed it before mounting it onto another piece of card to flatten it out.

  HC1

Well I hope you like, have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

gorgeous gorgeous card - love it!!!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the repeated sentiment. A real beauty!

Isabelle Siry said...

It is absolutely gorgeous ! I love the colours combo and it matches so well with the gold embossing and ribbon ! Your watercolour background is jus stunning ! Thanks for sharing.
Izzy Scrap

Carole said...

Beautiful card...love those colours!

Gay Peplow said...

Beautiful card :D

Susi K. said...

Just browsing your blog and your creations are incredible! This one immediately caught my eye and the technique you used to achieve these blended colours is amazing. Gorgeous card.