Friday, 25 November 2016

DIY Colour Swatches

Forgive me if you have seen this next stamp. I don't know how long it has been available but I accidentally stumbled across it whilst browsing one of my fave online craft stores-Inkylicious, and so this post is for anyone, like me, who did not know of it's existence.

It's called an "Ink Pad ID stamp". It wasn't immediately obvious to me what it was, but on further investigation I realised it had been designed specifically for making up colour swatches. 

I think I actually said "WOW" out loud when I saw it. I knew I HAD to have it. If, like me, you have a little obsession with colour swatches, I can't recommend it enough. I have so many ink pad brands, but I just had to start with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

So I started with some blue tones. I've used GIMP image editor to add text, even learning how to rotate the text to line up with the edge of the tags!


Tim Holtz Colour Swatch 3 with text

I even inked the little washers in the same colour to match....

  Tim Holtz Colour Swatch 2a

Not only does it look pretty I know I will actually use these swatches.

I will be pinning my colour swatch on Pinterest, both to my own board and the Tim Holtz Colour board I have created on Pinterest. I will add more colours as I make them up, so keep your eye out on Pinterest for more of my colour swatches!

See you soon x

2 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Practical AND pretty! Winner, Jo x

Viv said...

Pretty swatches Sarita and what a great idea to do them too ;) Viv xx