Saturday, 22 October 2016

Winter Sky...

I am still enjoying the autumn don't get me wrong, but a chance reunion with an old ink pad got me into a wintry mood and these creations were born.

This particular inkpad (shown below) lends itself perfectly to create these wintry scenes.

Tree 3 

All I did was pressed the inkpad onto my craft mat and spritzed a small amount of water on top, then carefully dipped the edges of the card into the ink.

  tree 6

The tall skinny trees are from Tim Holtz "reindeer flight" stamp set, and the die cut trees are Tim Holtz Woodland die.

  tree 4

The pretty trees below are die cut from Impression Obsession "Fir Tree" die.

  tree 5

I have a lot of inkpads, but my Adirondack ink pads had been buried in a box unused for several years. I do look after my ink pads, storing them in airtight containers, but even I was surprised how much ink they had retained.

I don't know how old this ink pad actually is, at least 5 years old, and I don't think you can even get this rainbow pad anymore. The colours work perfectly when smooshed together on my craft mat. Even though the ink pad isn't available anymore, the colours written on the reverse of the pad are Mushroom, Pesto, Eggplant and Denim.

  Tree 2

The "Holiday" and "Christmas" sentiments are by W plus 9 called "Christmas Greetings", and the "Greetings" stamp is by Papertrey from their "Think Big #21" stamp set.

  Tree 1

I love how every background is unique with this technique and required little effort really.

Hope you like, and as ever, thank you for stopping by x

20 comments:

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Simply stunning.

Just wish I had your flair and imagination1

Love Sheila x

Dotty Jo x said...

Simply breathtaking cards, Sarita! Just stunning work, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarita x

Betty Keefe said...

beautiful cards Sarita!! love all three!

Rachel Jolley said...

Utterly stunning!

blaze said...

Beautiful!

noora said...

I love these! Very artistic!!

Ros Crawford said...

I absolutely love these cards!! I think something like this will be my Christmas cards for this year ... Gorgeous!!

Dina Iosifidou said...

Beautiful!
Dina.

Julie said...

These are beautiful cards Sarita

Marcia said...

These cards are truly gorgeous. Such a unique look! I love the idea and plan to try this technique.

Denise Fletcher said...

Wow! I am so impressed by these cards! They are so unusual and so artisty!

Daria said...

These are beautiful. I love every single detail. Thank you for sharing them and explaining how you made them.

The Aunt said...

You made such beautiful cards. I would love to see you do a you tube video of how you made them! They are GREAT!

Claudia

aufspapiergebracht said...

OMG ! Your cards are breathtaking- sooo beautiful!!!
Greetings Elisabeth

Victoria said...

Beautiful cards! Love them. Ranger has discontinued Adirondack inks, unfortunately.

Cindy H. said...

Gosh these cards are soooo gorgeous! Thanks for the technique tip, I need to try that:)

Susangail Powell said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! These are probably the most gorgeous cards I've ever come across! They are absolutely stunning!

Janice Wolf said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous cards...........I love inking the backgrounds of cards - and you did it so beautifully. A quick question - the tall skinny die cut tree (Tim Holtz Woodland?). I own quite a few Tim Holtz dies and stamp sets and can't seem to find this particular die. Could it be under a different name?

Thank you so much!

Daria C. said...

Beautiful background, beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.