Monday, 8 August 2016

Paint technique using an acrylic block...

I've been experimenting with different paint sprays and paint powders using an acrylic block to help control where the paint ends up on my card. Although spraying ink directly onto an acrylic block is nothing new, I wanted to create a really subtle effect and have control over where I place my ink.

So this is how I did it...

  PT7

By sprinkling powder onto the block and then spritzing water directly onto the block I was able to create a lovely wash of colour without it going everywhere. Not too much water though or it will seep out underneath the block.

  PT6

The Lindy's Magicals are fantastic to use for this technique as the colours merge so beautifully.

The sample on the left was created by "dabbing" the block rather than pressing it directly onto the card. This way you can cover a larger area for a more subtle effect with no hard lines.

PT3  

I tried other colours too...

PT2  

And then with Dylusions, first with an added spritz of water directly onto the block...

PT5  

...and without, for deeper colour.

PT4

Well, I have enjoyed this little experiment and will no doubt use it a lot. I hope you find it useful too.

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Dotty Jo x said...

Looks like a great way to control the colour application. Can't wait to see what you create and I might have a go at this myself. Thanks for the mini tutorial, Jo x