Monday, 2 May 2016

Stretching my creative synapses...

I have been crafting for more years than I care to remember but I have made relatively few gift tags. I spent quite a while staring at my desk today before I even made a start. I pulled out every craft box and was practically buried under all my craft stash. I must have had a look of despair as hubby came in and asked what was wrong. I said I was trying to make a gift tag but was struggling for ideas. He looked at me surrounded by all my stuff. There was a few moments silence when he blurted out "but you have more craft stash than Create and Craft". He has a point, but I couldn't make him understand that loads of stash does not necessarily equal loads of mojo.

As I got started I realised I found making a gift tag much harder than I thought. I'm so used to having all that space to work with on a card that you just don't have when making a tag. Working on such a small piece of card was a challenge for me. 

I decided to layer two tags, one slightly smaller than the other, with co-ordinating lacy borders stamped in silver ink.

  tag f2

The "Friend" word stamp is one of my fave old Hero Arts stamps, which I've teamed with one of Papertrey's simple sentiments. Then I finished with some silk ribbon and grey May Arts cord.

  tag f

It looks so simple but this definitely used creative synapses that stretched me to my limit.

I've got to go, I've got quite a lot of clearing up to do.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Just beautiful!

Carole said...

I empathise with you....I know exactly what you mean... I can sit and stare at oodles of stuff but none of it is right! Anyway I love your final creation...lovely tag...class as always Sarita.

Elaine Stark said...

Very elegant. Inspiration always comes through in the end. Elaine

José said...

This are gorgeous tags, so elegant with the silver on it

The Stamp Basket said...

Your post did so make me chuckle...I can just picture the scene! Your work is beautiful, by the way!