Monday, 16 May 2016

Making a right GIMP of myself...

This post is as much about me learning GIMP as it is about making flowers.

So what is GIMP? Having ditched Windows operating system several years ago when Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, I now use Linux instead. The best part is it's free. For those that don't know GIMP is the free photo editing software compatible with Linux. I've used both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop in the past when I used Windows XP. GIMP is every bit as good, if not better in my view.


TH2 

So not only did I edit the photos for this post in GIMP, I learned how to add text and symbols. Now you's all may be looking at this and thinking but it's really easy, but for me, although I'm far from a technophobe, it has take me a little while to get used to it. 

With no further ado, here are my flowers, complete with the names of the Tim Holtz colours I've used. Note my little left and right arrows!!


TH1

I've enjoyed learning something new today and will no doubt be using my newly aquired GIMP skills for future photos!

1 comment:

SARN said...

Hi Sarita . . . I've just become a Linux Mint girl and was having trouble using GIMP for my blog photo's and watermark. You've encouraged me to have another go with GIMP, although I find it very confusing with all the "layers".

Found you again on LIM . . . and have been browsing your site looking at your lovely work. Used to visit your blog years ago and always admired your work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx