Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Upcycling old furniture

I'll be honest. I haven't felt like crafting at all over the last couple of weeks, so I decided to take a creative break and upcycle an old glass cabinet that I bought from a charity shop. I wish I had taken a before photo, but I can tell you it was dark brown wood and just looked very old and tired.

All it took was one 8oz pot of Plaid Folkart chalk paint in Vintage Mustard to transform it. It matches the colour scheme of my new craft area perfectly.

  ws2

As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for my Papertrey stamp collection and lots of other pretty craft stash.

  ws7

Having moved to a different part of the house to craft I fancied a change. Instead of dark furniture, my new craft area is bright and cheery, just the kind of space to feel inspired.

Now you don't want to see my old craft units do you? Please don't make me show you. They are on the opposite side of the room and definitely still work in progress.

 Oh OK, here they are...they're not particularly pretty like my newly painted cabinet but boy do they work hard for me.

  ws5

Now you may think the next photo is a bit boring but it is merely to demonstrate my idea for storing A5 stamp sets. 

I store them in A5 clear wallets and have found that a 12 litre Really Useful Box is the perfect size for the wallets. As you can see in the photo above I have several and have organised the stamps within into different categories such a Christmas, Halloween, Birthday and so on. I also do this with my craft dies too. I tell you since doing this I have reduced my accidental loss of craft stash to nil as I put the stamps or dies straight back in their wallets as I work.

  ws6

Finally a photo of my lovely Ikea Falkhojden table and matching desk organiser-just right for showing off my beautiful Nuvo pots of glitter. The filigree table legs make it look as though it may be unstable but the table is heavyweight and very sturdy.

Of course, I have tidied it up for you...it won't stay like this for long!

  ws1

It is lovely to have given a new lease of life to my cabinet and make it really unique.

All I need now is some crafting mojo! Hope you like, thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

Carole said...

What a lovely work/crafting space...thank you for sharing. You have made a brilliant job of the cabinet...it looks new!

Dotty Jo x said...

Great space - love the colour! Jo x

OK said...

КРАСИВЫЙ СКРАП-УГОЛ! Ой, целая скрап-комната! Творческих успехов Вам!

Gibmiss said...

Vert nice Sarita
Hugs Sylviex

Carol said...

Love your wallet idea - please can I be cheeky and ask where you brought thenm from as they look nice and sturdy THANK YOU :)