Saturday, 2 April 2016

Spring is in the air...

The weather here is beautiful today, it seems at long last Spring has sprung, so you may wonder why I am using a Penny Black stamp called "Winter Berries" for this creation....

blossom 2

Of course I have added some Nuvo Crystal drops to add the illusion of blossom to give it a spring-like look. I think this stamp was made for these drops!

I've used Papermania Capsule collection cardstock in Midnight Blush. Although it's not the heaviest weight cardstock if, like me, you love your neutrals, the shades of grey are lovely.

To get round the sometimes difficult issue of stamping a sentiment onto dark cardstock without the white ink disappearing, I've created a small rectangular aperture and layered the dark card onto a white base. I find an image stamped in white ink is often easier to work with on dark card as I go over the design with what I think it the best white pen on the market-Sakura pen touch. With different size nibs they are ideal for using on dark cardstock.

  blossom 3

I have made this card for the challenge over at Less Is More which is "White space but not white space".  

Well I hope you too have lovely weather where you are, have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Chris Slater said...

This is beautiful. Also love the idea of creating an aperture for the words rather than adding to the front of the card.

Its raining here :(

Ankie vd Polder said...

Ohh wow, this is realy stunning. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

annie said...

This is really beautiful! Love the colorcombi.
Annie

Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! SO GOOD to have you back, I was thrilled to see you on LIM and had to come and say hello and praise this wonderful and so very pretty card.

Hope you are in good health now and hope to see more of you.
Faith
x

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous Sarita x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This card is absolutely stunning. Your stamping, colours and layout are just perfect, I love it! x

Esther said...

Very pretty card! I love the grey, white and pink theme. It's so chic, and the image you've used is gorgeous. Fab card!

Pauline said...

Very pretty and so elegant!

Carole said...

Beautiful card and your Nuvo drops as you say are ideal for that stamp. Clever how yu have framed the sentiment too!!

ThaTruth12 said...

Lovely card, very creative using the drops was a great decision makes the card pop

Chrissie said...

Sarita, this is stunning... as ever. I've never heard of these drops but the effect is magical. Fabulous stamp too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sid said...

Beautiful delicate design, super card !! I have also become your latest blog follower !

Fiona said...

Beautiful card - love the touches of pink on it.

Sharon said...

Sensational card Sarita! How innovative to use the winter berries as blossom - they look awesome. You always make such stunning creations.
Lovely to see you at Less is More again.
Sharon xx

Liz said...

A stunning card, I love the design and the colours are gorgeous!

Liz - LIM Guest Designer xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Sarita, I have sooo missed seeing your cards.Another super one here ;) Viv xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oooh! I saw this on Pinterest and just wanted to pop over and say how beautiful it is! Love it!