Saturday, 5 March 2016

Going off the edge...

Well, I very nearly did this morning when I made this card. I had just finished the card and went to take some photos of it when the ink smeared from the vellum and ruined the whole thing. I had picked up Versamark instead of Stazon ink for the vellum and it went everywhere! So I had to make the whole card again...

Anyway, finally, here is my creation...

v1 

I love creating a vellum overlay and it is a long time since I have used vellum in any of my creations. It's just not the easiest of cards to take a photo of because of the overlay but I hope you can see the effect OK.

v2 

Finally a shot of the card closed-I tried to make sure all of the sentiments were placed in such a position so as not to overlap.

All stamps are by Papertrey including the butterfly stamps from the Beautiful butterfly stamp set.

v3

Well despite having to make this week's card twice I'm glad I persevered!

Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS makes, loving the one with the glitter on

Kathyk

Maaike Uijthoven said...

like your card, glad your inks still worked, i too almost went with a bloodgrapefruity colour or pink lol..well done

José said...

This is gorgeous Sarita, i'm glad you made it again, such bright colours I can feel Spring is coming