Saturday, 12 March 2016

Full of Sentiment....

There are so many things to think about when I first set out creating a card....composition, colour and so on, but for me the sentiments I use are absolutely integral to my completed creation, they are never an afterthought. 

You may have picked up from my previous blog posts that I very often use multiple sentiments in my creations. So imagine my joy at finding out today that the challenge over at Less Is More is a one layer card with the sentiment as the focal point. Well, I just had to! 

I've embossed a rectangle into the card to help frame my design, and have mixed up sentiments from different Papertrey stamp sets, Thank You Kindly and Think Big Favourites #2, using green ink for the main sentiment.

I little glitter on the main sentiment really makes it stand out. And finally a flourish bracket to really frame the whole thing.

  s1

Well, I hope you like. Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've always loved your cards Sarita - lovely to see you back in blogland again your long break X

vickiscraft said...

Stunning card Sarita!

Vicki x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wonderful way of working out the Less is More theme. Have a nice day, Ankie

Sharon said...

Wow Sarita! Your card is both stunning and sooooo elegant & classy, as usual. Love that you mixed up the sentiments from different sets; these ones work particularly well together. The glitter is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Carole said...

yes I DO like!!!...very much...it is a stunner!

Sarah Gray said...

This looks so elegant - love the combination of sentiments and embossed frame! Perfect for our challenge this week at Less Is More :)

Esther said...

This is a fab card - really striking while still being CAS. I love the effect of the two sentiments being used together, and that green colour with glitter is so pretty. Lovely work!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Sarita, I love the splash of sparkly green!

Kathyk said...

A very sophisticated make

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Perfect elegance and a wonderful clean design Sarita!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"

MaryV said...

This is such an elegant card! It immediately caught my eye! Your blog has some great
creations! Congratulations! :)
Hugs

Loli said...

Hola Sarita.
Very elegant design, perfect clean and simply card, i like the glitter colour effect.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

José said...

This is a gorgeous sentiment card

Anne said...

What a really stylish one layer Sarita!
Thank you so much for joining us at "Less is More" this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Karen Ashbrook said...

Great card, the embossed rectangle really helps make the card. Karen x