Saturday, 13 February 2016

Revisiting my old designs...

It all seems so long ago now that I dabbled in my own stamp designs and sadly I recently found out that the clear stamp manufacturer where I used to get them made up is no longer trading. I am now researching other manufacturers as I would love to create more designs in the future, we'll see what happens.

For this card I just simply stamped this design once in a deep aubergine colour, and then stamped it again without re-inking the stamp to create a shadow effect.

Then, to add a bit of contrast I lined the inside of the card with green cardstock and added a couple of green gems to pull it all together. The sentiment is from the Fancy Sayings stamp set by Clearly Besotted.

stem 2

Well, that's all for now, have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sarita. I love the colours. I think your LIM entry would be ok as technically your card is one layer. Did you notice they have a DT call out??? Your cards are stunning and I think you'd be a great addition to the DT if you don't mind my saying, Jo x

Elaine Stark said...

A stunning card. Always love your designs. Elaine

Lynne said...

As your card front is still one layer I can't see why you shouldn't post it. Besides it's beautiful.
Lynne xxx

Carole said...

One layer or not it is a fabulous card! Love it!

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Sarita
Love your stamps...
Hugs Sylvie xx

José said...

This a a gorgeous card Sarita, love the stamp of Clearly Besotted and the way you have used it!

Maryann scrapbooking said...

J'adore !
Bises Sarita.

MaryannG