Sunday, 24 January 2016

Breaking with tradition...

Well, a little anyway. I have chosen SU's blackberry bliss cardstock instead of conventional red for this Valentine's day card. I have never gravitated towards red in my crafting, so I opted for this gorgeous rich purple colour instead for my latest Valentine creation. In fact my hubby's fave colour is emerald green so I may just recreate this in green just for him.

bliss 3

This card was a bit more fiddly than I thought it was going to be, lining up the Penny Black Bead stamp with the heart aperture, and then stamping the sentiment within the heart in the right place, then my pearl gems wouldn't stick, phew. I have had the Penny Black stamp for years and have never used it. It is part of my New Year's resolution to use old craft stash, well, that and to keep my craft area tidy at all times but I think we all know that will never happen!

The sentiments are my much used Boutique Borders-love stamps, and the Happy Valentine's Day is a really old much loved Hero Arts stamp.

Well, that's it for today, hope you are having a great weekend!x

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Well worth all your trials and tribulations; it's a glorious card.
Great to see you back Sarita. ( :-) Looks like we both took a long break from crafting at the same time).
Hugs, Sharon xxx

José said...

Lovely Valentine card, love the purple color

country girl said...

Lovely card

Sue Robinson said...

Love your understated style so classy. Well done.