Monday, 7 May 2012

Soothing the day away...

Life hasn't been too kind recently hence my lack of momentum with my crafting. As mentioned a few weeks ago I suffered a bereavement, now one of my cats Ronnie is very ill and to top it all off my computer crashed with a virus. So I am grateful for this Bank Holiday weekend to unwind a bit, take care of Ronnie and relax in my craft room.

I stumbled across a Waltzingmouse stamp set that I hadn't yet used and decided to use them for this collection.


I had been after a tall vintage style teapot and managed to track this one down on Ebay.


The cup and saucer is from Bombay Duck. The tags were made using a Woodware tag punch, I have both the larger and smaller version. I have used very classic colours of navy and vanilla, with the pop of the pink carnations setting it all off.


To add to the effect I have used Some Glossy Accent on the cups and teapot.


I wouldn't care but I don't drink tea, or coffee either come to that, but DH makes up for me as he is a human teapot and is always making a brew!


Well, I hope you like. I'm off to look after my Ronnie. He has had loads of tests but the vet still isn't sure what's wrong. Thankfully he does seem to be getting better so I am keeping everything crossed.

Thank you for stopping by.


Jill said...

Our little animal friends are so precious. Keep up the TLC! Beautiful cards - as usual!

Jill x

Riet said...

So wonderful Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sarita that's very beautiful.
Lovely greet

TAM said...

Sorry to hear your having such a bad time lately - good to hear Ronnie is a little better though, even if the vet hasn't given a diagnosis yet - here's hoping he continues to improve.
Loving your Tea card and accessories.

cristina said...

Beatiful card,,I loved this rubber stamp

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

Wonderful idea !
Nice day, Sabine

Dawn said...

Hi Sarita
Stunning card as ever and ohhh so sorry to hear about Ronnie, I REALLY hope he is well soon, they are just like babies!!


Dawn said...

Hi Sarita
Stunning card as ever and ohhh so sorry to hear about Ronnie, I REALLY hope he is well soon, they are just like babies!!


Grenouille Greetings said...

If there was an award for best staging, Sarita, you would absolutely win it! Lovely card, fab little tags, and gorgeous staging! Hugs, Lesley

JeNjOy said...

Hi Sarita
So sorry to hear about your loss and I hope Ronnie gets well soon, I have really missed your blogging, you are such an inspiration to me, I wait to see what beautiful cards you create and how you display them.
Every time I tried to view you cards your site came up with a virus, so glad it is sorted.
missed you
Love Jenny

Mandi said...

Thinking of you Sarita
I do hope your Ronnie is better
xx said...

This is a wonderful card, Sarita! I hope that Ronnie will be healthy soon.

Hugs, Tina

Jill said...

Your wonderful, elegant inspiring stamping is missed so much - I do hope everything is well with you. Take care, hugs Jill x

Merry said...

Fabulous card and wonderful photos. So sorry to hear that life is not the best at the moment. I hope to see you back in blogland soon. Take care.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely craft makes and beautifully presented.

Hope Ronnie makes a full recovery.


deb said...

Just a note to say I miss seeing your creations! Your blog has been a favorite of mine. Hope all is well with you.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Are you okay, Sarita? It's been a long time since you posted and I was just sitting here thinking of you. Sending hugs in case they are needed. Lesley

Gail said...

You've been away too long it's time to get back and show your talents once again.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Sarita
It's been a very long time since you posted on your blog. I do hope you and those you love are all okay and I would love to see you create something soon. Hugs, Lesley

Sue Robinson said...

Hope your feeling better .Really miss your insppirational blog. Saw one of your cards on Pinterest and came to see if you were back, hope you will be soon.
God Bless


Gery said...

Wow, you make such beautiful things!! Have been looking around on your blog and I was surprised by the elegant beauty of your cards.
Thank you for sharing.
Groetjes Gery

aileen (mum) said...

Sarita, I dont know if you will receive this text but just wanted to let you know I love your blog. Beautiful cards and art. You really are talented.
I got onto your blog thru someone asking on another blog if you had started another blog as you had not been active for some time. They were truly inspired by you. So i decided to check out your blog. Wow what a talent. So sad that there is nothing new to follow. I hope you are well and life is being kinder to you now.