About Me

Welcome to my world of creativity.

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Play Date Colour challenge PDCC122

I love these colour challenges, the photos are so inspirational. This week's challenge over at Play Date Cafe is Charcoal, Ash and Butter.

PDCC122


Having been afraid to use yellow in my crafting for many years, I have now come to embrace it and realise how good it looks with neutrals.

I've created a cut away card and edged the card using Papertrey's Edgers #1 die. I've stamped the Hero Arts fern stamp in yellow and a Memento grey ink pad called London Fog.

The lovely frame stamp is an old stamp also by Hero arts called "Each Day Brings".

pdcc122


Well, I've got loads of other crafty stuff in the pipeline if time permits so I hope to be back soon. Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Sarita!

Julie Kelley said...

I like the look of this. The yellow is lovely in the design and style you chose. Very well done.

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the touch of yellow! it really makes it pop!

Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely design, Sarita. Beautiful stamping and of course your staging is always wonderful. Hugs, Lesley

vickisunshine said...

Hi Sarita, Another gorgeous card! I have been nominated for The Versatile crafter award and as I really love your work, I would like to nominate you for the award too. You do not have to accept as this acceptance has some rules attached. However if you would like to accept I will be putting up your name on my blog : http://vickisunshine-sunshinecrafts.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Vicki x

Fiona said...

I've never used a yellow ink pad but your fabulous card as inspired me. Did you buy those lemons specially?

Alicia said...

Simply elegant, and so well executed. Well done! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Sam Wright said...

Gorgeous card. This will be my wedding colours when we eventually get married :-)

Jan said...

Hi check out my blog there's something for you xx Jan

Jan said...

Hi check out my blog there's something for you xx Jan

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Perfect x

Elaine said...

I love this colour combination, so stylish hugs Elaine

Stacy said...

Cool design on this one. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

WOW! This is so elegant and... well... just perfect in every way! And that ribbon... Yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Sheila A. said...

I really like this color combo. It's soft and pretty.

Paula Gale said...

Gorgeous - stylish combination of colours. The grey seems to ground the yellow stopping it from looking garish like you would imagine it to look - but infact, its quite the opposite.

Paula x x x

Mandi said...

Stunning, not that you ever do anything less than superb
x