About Me

Welcome to my world of creativity.

Saturday, 25 February 2012

Props and scraps...

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is to use scraps. Only to happy to oblige as my scraps box is always overflowing :) I would show you my scraps box but I am way too embarrased.

I've used this photo for my colour inspiration...


Once I had sorted my colour palette it was just a case of rummaging for the nearest colour match. I think I have used the following colours (from left to right), SU's River Rock, SU's Old Olive, Papertrey's Autumn Rose, Papertrey's Lavender Moon and the last piece is unknown!


scraps 2

I like to take as much time and care over my photos as I do my creations and had been wanting a vintage wooden tray to use as a prop for ages but just couldn't find one. Then I stumbled across this beauty over at Bliss and Bloom which arrived this morning and is likely to feature in most of my photos from now on.

scraps 1


I couldn't help but use my SU heart punch again...it is proving to be a fab investment.

scraps 3


And it just so happens I also have a posie flower arrangement that ties in with this colour scheme...

scraps 4

The top sentiment is by Hero Arts and the bottom is from Papertrey's Think Big Favourites #6.

Thank again you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

35 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Love this .... modern , fresh and elegant!

Шум дождя said...

What a wonderful card and such a stunning photo!!! Congrats on being showcased!

Mandi said...

Simply stunning Sarita
A few scraps can look so sensational,specially if you get your hands on them!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Margreet Havinga said...

It is a beuatiful card white nice colors.

Margreet

Gibmiss said...

Hi sarita
congrats on being showcased last week ..... Stunning cards always from you ..... This one is no exception...... Gorgeous....
Hugs Sylvie
Xxxx

Gillian said...

wow wow wow, what a stunning card, just love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the colours and sentiment - really super!

Margaret said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful Sarita, as are your photographs!
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

Simply beautiful... all of it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Frieda said...

Was für eine wunderschöne, klare Karte !
gefällt mir sehr sehr gut!!

lg Frieda

doreeng said...

love all of your cards and this one is no exception. beautiful.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea said...

Such a simple but gorgeous design. And your flower display and wodden tray are beautiful too.
Love, Andrea xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
as ever a gorgeous card, fabulous design, luv the added detail you always add to your piccies, sue,x

Jackie said...

A beautiful card and superb colours :o)
Jackie xx

Erika said...

Sarita I always love how you display your pictures on your blog. I love your tray, clock and posie...beautifully arranged. It goes without saying your card is fab too. Thanks for the inspiration.
Erika.

Linby said...

Gorgeous card Sarita, love the colour combo. My LIM card this week was inspired by you! thanks.
Linbyx

sarahslittlesnippets said...

A beautiful card Sarita! the colours are gorgeous :) Sarah x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sarita

Gorgeous card (as always) and it is obvious that you always take such care on your photography your photos are always stunning. Loving your new prop and those flowers well they were just made for this occassion eh!!

Take care

Tina
X

Lizy said...

This is really beautiful Sarita, and I love your photography too!
Lizy x

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Sarita. I love the colours and your new tray looks beautiful too!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

lin_ka1 said...

fresh end elegant

Eloise said...

Such a pretty card. I love it!

Scrapmate said...

Gorgeous card.

Susan said...

Your card is so pretty! You never fail to inspire me!

Margie said...

Your card is great and the way you've displayed it with the flowers and that gorgeous tray is stunning. It makes such a difference seeing it that way!

Grenouille Greetings said...

OMG! She does flower arranging too! Look at that staging! It's gorgeous! And your interpretation of the photo inspiration is perfect! Love your pretty card, Sarita and adore your photographic artistry. Hugs, Lesley

Fiona said...

Exquisite staging as always Sarita and the card's not bad either!
ha ha. Beautiful work as always and I love that colour combo, modern fresh and classy.
Congrats on being ShowCASed.
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Stunning x

~ Ali ~ said...

this is a stunner Sarita, love love love it

ali x

Linda said...

What a striking card, and such a beautiful photograph too. x

Debby said...

This is really a great card!
Debby

Jenny said...

I love your literal translation of the colour chart! Such a stylish card :0)
Jenny x

Karen said...

Hi Sarita, oh my word that is truly stunning! Love it Karen x

Paula Gale said...

I love the technique of the rectangles/strips of different coloured cardstock - I received a stunning birthday card made with different shades of green - such a classy look.

Really like that tray you purchased - I agree it will made a great 'stage' for the photo's of your cards to be taken on.

Paula x x x