Saturday, 5 November 2011

Memory box dies...

I'm on a roll today...two posts in one day...doesn't happen very often but when I received these beautiful new dies through the post I just had to forget all the housework that needs doing today and have a play.

It didn't take me very long to sniff out these new dies from Memory box. There are quite a lot of designs and can be bought from either Joanna Sheen, Craftsulove, or Oyster stamps.

Here I've combined the Amira Flourish and the Essex label. I think they work perfectly together.

MB1 s

They are so delicate I thought may have problems in getting a clean die cut, but I got a perfect result with my Big Shot.

MB2s

As the design of the flourish is so detailed I decided not to go for a full background. I just randomly stamped a Papertrey damask stamp several times in the centre of the card. I think an all over background would have swallowed up the lovely design of the flourish die. One of the damask designs didn't stamp very well and is more grey than black but I think this adds a bit more dimension.

I love these dies...I've now ordered the snowflake die and I've got a lot more on my wish list!

16 comments:

TAM said...

WOW this is stunning, wish I'd seen this before I went to the NEC yesterday there were a lot of dies on sale but as you say sometimes you can be a little uncertain as to how they might cut when they are so finely detailed.

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita I adore tour cards. They are so elegant and stylish, love it.
Have a nice weekend and lovely greet
Marja

vickisunshine said...

This is beautiful Sarita, Love the die, shall have to have a little look at them for myself! Hugs, Vicki x

Michelle said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the colours you have used too. You can get the Memory Box dies from www.diestodiefor.com too xx

tinadotcom.com said...

Yes, these dies are on my wishlist for my 40th birtday and for christmas (just 4 days in between, heehee). You make me want them even mmore with this lovely card.

Hugs, Tina

Anesha said...

Very elegant card, great design.

Lavender Rose said...

Crisp, clean and ever so stylish!

Merry said...

Wow, that die is so pretty and fine and you, of course, have used it beautifully. Stunning card.

Kerry said...

HI Sarita,

I am loving these dies, they make such classy cards.

Love Kerry xxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Georgia said...

This is such a stunning card Sarita! The colours are so striking and look perfect together, I love it! :) Love, Georgia xx

Tui Nathan said...

OMG ... Absolutely stunning!

Deanna Jean said...

Wow...stunning. I love the colors you used and the layout it beautiful.

Deanna Jean said...

Wow..stunning. I love the colors you used and the layout it beautiful.

Juls said...

so stylish, love the colours and the dimension! Hugs juls

creativchen said...

Dear Sarita, I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com