Saturday, 22 October 2011

Polka dots...

This was not what was lurking in the back of my creative mind when I woke up this morning. I have no idea how I arrived at the end result, it just kind of evolved as I went along.

The theme this week over at Less Is More is Polka Dots. Now I love polka dots but strangely never quite know how to use them in my card making. For this card I chose the subtle approach...just a strip of dots so that I could leave lots of white space.


POLKA DOTS 4

Now you may remember me saying that I had ordered some new stuff from Papertrey...well I have used some it here. I have used a polka stamp and the beautiful sentiment is from the half and half stamp set.

The bracket flourish is actually by Prima. It is quite small and I think was part of a set that cost £1.99!!

I've used it to frame the sentiment...


POLKA DOTS 3


POLKA DOTS 2


Polka dots

I've used lilac ink for the polka dots and offest it with a strip of SU's Rich Razzleberry and black ribbon. The base card is Papertrey's Soft Stone, a very pale grey and my fave neutral colour cardstock. The feathers were a last minute addition...I just happened to stumble upon them rooting around for something else and thought they would be just right for this card.

POLKA DOTS 6


That's all for now but I already have another card ready to bring you tomorrow for a different challenge! How's that for being organised...well it is for me!

See you soon!

35 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

The background strip is a lovely way to use your polka dots Sarita! Vx

TAM said...

Absolutely stunning card, it may not be what was originally in your head when you started but its turned out fabulously - love the sentiment stamps

nicky said...

Fabby card , love how you have done your layout.
Nicky

Diane said...

Fabulous card and really lovely sentiment. xx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card Sarita, so stylish
Margaret x

Jan said...

WOW Sarita, this is stunning xx Jan

Toulouse31 said...

Oh.. you make it look SO easy! love the feather :-)

Viv said...

Such a fab card again Sarita, just love that stamp and the colours and the sentiment....well everything really :O) Viv xx

Beryl K said...

Love your card, it is so elegant.
Beryl x

Hello From Texas said...

Oh wow this is fabulous. Great layout and wonderful embellishments. Well done!!

Juls said...

Hi Sarita

I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have enjoyed taking a look round your blog at all that I have missed since I have been on my hols.

This is such a beautiful stylish card, and I love the feather detail!

hugs Juls

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sarita
Fabulous card love what you have done with the corner stams ...i have loads of them uninked Fab idea...Thanks
Hugs sylvie
x

Suze Bain said...

Absolutely gorgeous. xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita this is stunning. So gorgeous. Beautiful the layout and the colors. love the ribbon and the feathers.
Lovely greet and a nicde weekend
Marja

Chrissie said...

Super card Sarita and what a brilliant idea to frame the sentiment... I'll have to look and see what stamps I have which could take a similar treatment.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Such opulence Sarita
Stunning!
Thank you
mandi LIM

islandstamper said...

Simply stunning Sarita!

Ali x

Pauline said...

How gorgeous, love that big flouncy feather, so glam!

Anne said...

Wow that bracket stamp works well, what a lovely card
Anne
x

Jenni's Jems said...

This is really lovely sentiment and gorgeous card x

The Crafty Elf said...

Stunning! I love how you used the stamps and your embellishments are stellar! Nice job!

tinadotcom.com said...

I just love everything you create, Sarita. This card is no exception, I adore it.

Have a wonderful sunday, Tina

Jackie said...

No matter how you arrived at the end result Sarita, it is as stunning and classy as only your cards can be :o)
Jackie xx

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here Maureen........x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sarita.


Hugs Riet.xx

Annchen said...

so elegant and so adorable

Ann B said...

Clever use of the flourish stamp and a very elegant card

Suzilou said...

This is gorgeous, love how you created the sentiment and fab feather :)

Sarina said...

Wonderful card, very elegant.,

x Sarina

Linby said...

So stylish as always - love the colours.
Linbyx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Totally fabulous card, as always Sarita. LOVE it!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Michelle said...

This is stunning Sarita, I love the colours and the whole layout. Great idea adding the scroll stamp above and below the sentiment, finishes it off beautifully xx

Zoechaos said...

Tres Chic XOXO Zoe

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sarita this is just so beautiful , dynamic stylish and totally exquisite.

Marie

Susan said...

Sarita, this is so elegant and classy! Love it!!