Sunday, 23 October 2011

It's a wrap!

I still have unused items in my stash that I bought when I first started crafting, now some 9 years ago. I have come close so many times to throwing things out only to find suddenly I have I use for them.

wrap 1

I created this card using a Keepsake Wrapture. It was hidden away in a box and had never seen the light of day since the day I bought it.


wrap 3

I was waiting for a stamp to fit it, and low & behold in amongst my stash I found this diamond Anna Griffin stamp.


wrap 2

And here it is...you can just make out the 2004 date on the Wrapture...this must be roughly when I bought it.

wrap 4


I shall be entering this card into the latest Passion For Papertrey challenge "sensational silhouettes". I've used a stamp from Papertrey's "Turning a Leaf" set and the sentiment is from the Star Prints set.

It's nice to know even after all this time I found a use for the template and it wasn't a waste of money.

Well, it was good to be able to enter 2 challenges this weekend. I had Friday off work and managed to fit in a little me time for crafting which is why I'm a bit ahead of myself. As usual though, I have to dash to fit in all the Sunday chores before work again tomorrow!

20 comments:

Juls said...

its always fab to put an old crafty purchase to good use!!! ..... I am currently moving all my craft stuff into the loft (my new craft space)... its amazing how many things I have descovered that I didnt know I had!!!

This is a gorgeous project!!! Love the black and green together! stunning and elegant as always!!

Hugs Juls

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jill said...

Oh, I soooo love this Sarita - so elegant and classy - my favourite type of card.

Jill x

Caryn said...

What a bonus to use something from your stash you thought you'd never use! Love it when that happens, makes you feel all green and eco-friendly!

Thanks for joining in at APFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jackie said...

Another superb card Sarita, great colours :o)
Jackie xx

Fiona said...

Lovely card Sarita and great colour combo. I have a wrap too although mine is circular I think, god only knows where it is tho' Like you I have never used it.

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

This is so beautiful again Sarita. Love it so much. Gorgeous.
lovely greet Marja

Julie said...

lovely and elegant as always

Aimes said...

Now you just go to prove that this stash I've been hoarding may one day be used ;D
Such a lovely card - gotta love the combo of black and green :)
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Sarita.
luv
Debby

tinadotcom.com said...

Very beautiful, Sarita. :)

Have a good start in this new week.

Hugs, Tina

Jules said...

Hi Sarita

Loving your wrap card. Gorgeous colours as always.

I have just been having a good old catch up on your blog and you have some beautiful creations showing .. .as always.

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning dear Sarita, how are you hunny? I hope you are well. I have been absent from blogging for a while, and have so missed my visits here. Your cards are as amazing as always hunny, such class you have in your designs. I hope life is being good to you and your not working too hard. Will be back to visit you again soon! big hugs Linda x

Kerry said...

Hi Sarita,

Classy card and I love the colour combo. It's nice to use stash that has been kept for a long time!

Love Kerry xxx

Jan said...

Another stunner Sarita. I have loads of stamps in particular that I have had for years & never used! xx Jan

Sue said...

Hi Sarita been trying to catch up on blogging !!! i must just say there are some fantastic creations on here that you have made wished i had the time to comment on each post but thanks for showing them all Luv Sue x

Gibmiss said...

hi Sarita
Fabulous card...love your ideas.....Stunning work....
Hugs sylvie
xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

I am in awe of your work !!! Beautiful, classy and perfectly crafted. The colours are just perfect together so bold, love it.

Marie

Georgia said...

This is so gorgeous and striking Sarita! I love the colour combo and your stunning layout, wow! :) Love, Georgia xx

Sue said...

Fab card Sarita. I also have one of these Wraptures that's never been used. I hope you don't mind if I case your idea. Sue.x