Saturday, 8 October 2011

A challenge with a heart...

I had every intention of getting in the craft room last weekend. I was raring to go when, here in the South, we had 30 degree heat. Sounds very nice, and it was outdoors, but my craft room was like an oven so I had to abandon the crafting idea altogether. Typically, one week later and it is cold and windy so I have been able to get back in there and get crafting again.

This is my creation for this week's challenge over at Less Is More. As I mentioned in my last post I was proud to have made the showCASe for the "Seeing Double" week.

The challenge is a make single layer card including one or more hearts with minimal embellishments. I struggled with this at first. Then I decided to go a little crazy, be a little outrageous and came up with this.

H2


I die cut a heart template and drew round it. The rest is hand painted in watercolour in pink and lilac.


H1


Finally for added interest I painted some black dots.


H3



Well, I'll leave you to decide if it is a little crazy, but I actually loved doing this and may indeed re-create for my wedding anniversary coming up in November!

I hope to be back again soon. I am already working on my next project and fingers crossed I will be back tomorrow with some new creations!

42 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful card, love it. xx Jan

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow -so pretty
Lisa x

Elaine Stark said...

This is stunning. Love the colours and everything about it. Elaine

Joey said...

JUST STUNNING!!! absolutely love that image. Joey x

Larrik said...

Супер ! Великолепно !
минимум средств и такая КРАСОТА !!!

Vicki said...

It's just stunning Sarita!

Hugs
Vicki x

val090 said...

That is just stunning......well done

Chrissie said...

This reminds me of a ballerina's bodice with the tutu skirt emerging around it!
Beautiful!
Thanks so much Sarita.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

Oh WOW how fantastic is this, brilliant creation. Love it! :)

Jane said...

Very striking, lovely water colours, great sentiment.

You can view my card here

Pauline said...

Beautiful, such a gorgeous image, beuatifully painted.

Anna-Karin said...

I really love your cards. They allways are so beautiful!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sarita

As always totally stunning card and I so love all your photo props too!

Take care

Tina
X

Maribel said...

It's a lovely card,i love

Jill said...

As always a beautiful and elegant card. As always I love it!!

Jill x

Junie Moon said...

How big can I type the word WOW!!!!!!!!!! beautifulx

Lynne said...

Stunning as always Sarita. It`s almost worth waiting a few weeks in between posts lol.
Lynne xxx

Andrea said...

This is stunning - not crazy at all. Your designs are always fabulous.
Love, Andrea xx

Linby said...

wow, wow, wow - know I probably always say that but your cards are in a class of their own.
Linbyx

Linby said...

wow, wow, wow - know I probably always say that but your cards are in a class of their own.
Linbyx

Jenni's Jems said...

I don't think it's crazy it's stunning and very eyecatching x

Mandi said...

Fantastic Sarita!
you;re such a clever girlie, you draw exactly what you need!
Tremendous
Thank you
Mandi LIM

JeNjOy said...

Beautiful card x

Vicky Hayes said...

Not mad at all - really gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love the colour spray at the bottom of the heart. You're an amazing artist :)
Jenny x

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Crqzy or not I love this card. you have painted so beautiful. My compliments.
Lovely greet
Marja

GinaA said...

Wow, so spectacular.

Merry said...

Oh this is so beautiful.....wonderful art work. Your photos of your creations are always so crisp and clear too.

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card, love the vibrant colours and wonderful sentiment,
Sandy

Carol said...

Stunning card, great sentiment !
Carol W

Gibmiss said...

Hi sarita
fabulous card as always Sarita.....you cards are the tops ....
Hugs sylvie
xx

Jackie said...

I know just where you are coming from, my craftroom faces south and it was just too hot in there to do anything!
Your card, as always, is superb :o)
Jackie xx

tinadotcom.com said...

You leave me here, sitting with big eyes and not beeing able to find words. Love it, it´s perfect, Sarita.

Hugs, Tina

Grenouille Greetings said...

Sorry I haven't been by for a while - this is a beautiful heart card! Lovely drawing and perfect design. Hugs, Lesley

fatmonica said...

It's gorgeous!

Annchen said...

wonderful explosion!

Jo Street said...

Beautiful card Sarita.
Jo x

Carol Q said...

well I think it's stunning and just beautiful.

Beryl K said...

Wow, this is stunning
Beryl x

TAM said...

Another absolute stunner - love it

Viv said...

This is so pretty Sarita, love how you 'staged' it all too :O) Viv xx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous card...love the explosion lines.