Sunday, 16 October 2011

Autumn...

I love this time of year. I hate this time of year.

I love the coolness of the day, the changing colours of the leaves, the autumn sunshine, the early morning mist, the build up to Christmas.

I hate the never ending virul infections that plague me this time of year. This autumn seems to be no different and I have been struggling with a nasty little bug again for the last few weeks.

I don't need much of an excuse to cheer myself up, and to help me feel a little better I ordered some new stash from Papertreyink.

It has worked and I'm feeling better already lol.

G5s




This set is called "Harvest Berries". I have created 2 contrasting cards using SU's Rich Razzleberry, and Papertry's Vintage Cream cardstock.

I cut the rectangular aperture carefully with a craft knife, cutting round some of the leaves so that it forms part of the frame.


G2s

I've also stamped the inside of the card so that the leaves can be seen through the aperture.


G1s

For the berries I've just used some black gems.


G3s

The sentiments are from Papertrey's Star Prints stamp set.


G4s



As ever, work is sapping me of my time and energy...I'm sorry that I don't get to leave you messages as often as I would like. I think inevitably I will not be able to post as often either, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I would rather post less frequently and bring you I hope some decent stuff rather than rush and be unhappy with the creations I post.

Whatever happens you can rest assured I will do my best!

20 comments:

Jan said...

Another wonderful creation Sarita.
Sorry you are having a hard time.
Thinking of you and sending you a hug xx Jan

Tracey said...

These cards are wonderful. So elegant. I hope you feel better soon.Tracey x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hey Sarita - sorry you're feeling overwhelmed and not in great health. A little bit of crafting is just the ticket to make you feel a bit better and some love from blogging buddies who just adore your creations! These are fabulous! Hugs, Lesley

Elaine Stark said...

These are fabulous. Love the colours and the design, in fact everything about these cards. Elaine

AshKuku said...

How adorable! Exquisite pieces of art.... Would love to try it out soon.... :D

Ash... :)

Kerry said...

HI Sarita,

Sorry to hear you have not been well, but I am glad you new crafty goodies picked you up!

Gorgeous cards and so elegant. Love how you have cut around the image to form part of your frame.

Love Kerry xxx

Jill said...

Love what you have done with these cards. The colours are so rich and elegant. Love them!

Jill x

Jackie said...

Two wonderful cards, both so stylish :o)
I am so sorry that you are not too well, I hope it soon clears up {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Jackie xx

Annchen said...

so elegant and beautiful!

Mandi said...

Outstanding Sarita

Have a good week my lovely xx

Viv said...

Great cards as always Sarita, well done again :O) Viv xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita i have no word for it. This is so gorgeous. Love the style and elegancy of these cards. The colors and layout, beautiful. i am really spechless.
Lovely greet Marja

Andrea said...

These cards are beautiful - such stunning colours, and I just love the way you've cut the aperture but kept some of the stamped image.
Your work is amazing, well worth any wait!
I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
Love, Andrea xx

Rufus said...

So pretty! Love the way that you cut around the leaves to include them in the frame. Sorry to hear that this Autumn looks to be a bad one, infection wise. Hope that you feel better soon. Yup, work does get in the way, doesn't it.
R/

Anne said...

you have some stunning cards... i found your site through another site.. and wow I am glad I did..

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

Hallo Sarita,
get well soon!
Your cards are so beautiful, wouw.
Can you tell me, how did you get this picture with the kitty and the weapon on your blog? I love it!
Nice day Sabine

timepasshobbies said...

Gasp! This is simply stunning Sarita! Fantastic colors and layout! FABULOUS! :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love this !! I love papertrey stamps too but don't have any wish they where available in Europe so I could get my grubby little hands on them. Have become a follower love your work

Marie