Monday, 29 August 2011

A little doodling...

Wasn't quite sure whether I would get back in my craft room this weekend as we have been out a lot. But I managed to squeeze in a bit of time today before I head off out again later on.

I simply sketched some feathers using a Faber Castell pencil onto SU's Not Quite Navy cardstock. These pencils look fantastic on dark card.


FEATHER 1 s

Here it is in it's infancy. Lightly sketched and the sentiment positioned and stamped so that I can build on my drawing.


FEATHER 3 s

I then gradually added more strokes to each feather until I was happy with the overall result.

FEATHER 2 s

Finally, I added the magic ingredient...Glamour Dust. It looks stunning on top of these pencils. To compliment the navy card I've used Papertrey's Antique Linen card for the background and matching ribbon.

FEATHER 4 s


Well I managed to get my final lie-in this morning and it was heavenly. Hope you managed to get one too!

15 comments:

Yolka said...

this is so awesome!!! the feathers look wonderful on this dark blue cardstock!

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Wow Sarita, Love this. What beautiful and stylish. Beautiful feathers.
Greet Marja

Aimes said...

Simply stunning! Your sketching is magical anyways but with that glitter it's AWESOME!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

craftybirdlisa said...

beautiful card. I love the feathers x

Carol Q said...

those feathers look so realistic and soft and fluffy Sarita and with the addition of the glamour dust they immediately become wonderfully classy and Christmassy.

Rufus said...

Lovely, you make it seem so simple! I hate to think what mine would look like if I were to try to sketch some feathers! I assure you it would not be flowing and graceful like yours!
R/

Jackie said...

Oh I do so love your fantastic doodles. Your card is so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

Wouw, your card looks fantastic.
I love your blog.
Have a nice day, Sabine

Anj said...

One word.... Stunning!!!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, the feathers are stunning. x

Andrea said...

Wow - this looks stunning - I love the way you've drawn the feathers - you are very talented.
Love, Andrea xx

Georgia said...

Ooh wow, this is so gorgeous Sarita, I love your feather design - it looks stunning with the Glamour Dust! Hope you had a nice lie-in, I'm making the most of them before school starts again!! :) Love, Georgia xx

Tara said...

Stunning Sarita, love the feather design, so gorgeous and elegant! The glitter really finishes it off, it looks so pretty!
Hugs Tara xx

tinadotcom.com said...

Those feathers are so wonderful, Sarita. You do magic with just some strokes with a pencil. Amazing! :D

Hugs, Tina

timepasshobbies said...

*GASP*
Cannot able to say more! :)