Saturday, 2 July 2011

Shades of Blue...

Yikes...it is really 2 weeks since my last post??

Life has been really hectic, what with work and decorating...little did I realise handpainting my wardrobes would spark a complete a makeover in my bedroom. It's great to feel well these days but that in turn creates it's own problems as I try to cram in everything I haven't been able to do for months! Still, I am happy and thankful that my health is so much improved.

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is a colour challenge...shades of blue.

I really wasn't sure what to do and sat with my head in my hands this morning staring at a blank sheet of card not knowing where to begin. I tried out various combinations for over an hour but settled on this creation in the end.

h1


My blue colour palette was inspired by my Colourbox Queue set of inkpads of which I have several. They are really old now but I keep all my inkpads in an airtight container and always have which has really made them last.


h4

My shades of blue include turquoise, midnight blue and navy. I've embossed a circle and then stamped my Hero Arts Thanks background stamp in turquoise.

The leafy branch is a Marianne die...I really like it but I find it quite difficult to arrange the 2 branches in a way that's pleasing to the eye. In the end I die cut one branch and then reversed the die so that the leaves were pointing in opposite directions.


H3


I painted one of the branches with a turquoise Twinkling H2O. Have you see the gorgeous new pots?

Aren't they just beautiful? I already have loads of H2O's, bought when they were sold as sets, but I just couldn't resist buying a few of the new pots...they look soo good sitting on my craft worktop.


H2

And finally a picture with my Hero Arts word stamp...this is also really old but I've hardly used it. Just one of those stamps that I've never known quite how to use, but now that I have I love it. Hero Arts have brought out some fantastic stamps recently and I am just waiting for some new ones to arrive from postie as we speak...


h5



I really enjoyed this challenge-thank you LIM girls for such a fab theme.

Well, no more decorating for me this weekend. I'm hoping to do a bit more crafting and enjoy the beautiful weather we have here. Hope you have good one too.

64 comments:

Erika said...

Stunning card Sarita. Love it.

Suzilou said...

Gosh this gorgeous, love that marianne die and the way you have created the background in the circle, wow just love all of it :)

Craftilicious said...

so much detail yet still so CAS - how do you get some much in such a clean space - you are a genius obviously! Love it!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. This is another of your stunning creations Sarita. I love the leaf die and ribbon, sucha beautidul contrast. LOVE IT! Love Sheila x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! Another of your stunning creations Sarita. I love the leaf die and dark blue ribbon, such a beautiful contrast. LOVE IT! Love Sheila x

E.T said...

OH MY GOD!!! STUNNING!!! Absolutely brilliant!!! Oh I so want colour queue cat eyes!!!

Sally said...

This is sooooo elegant, Love the dies & beautiful navy ribbon.
Sally x

Juls said...

stunning and stylish!!! I love the fact your stamping is always so crisp and clear! Hugs Juls

nicky said...

Wow your card is so fabby
Nicky

Michelle said...

Hi

I saw your card over at Less Is More and thought I would come take a closer look.

Gorgeous card! I love that added shimmer.

Michelle :o)

Jill said...

Just love what you have done with this card! Fab!

Jill

Joey said...

Just beautiful, I just love the leaves sprig the way you have attached it, looks fab!
Joey x

Jo Street said...

As always an absolute gorgeous card!
Jo x

Helene said...

Love the card. The die cuts are fab. I agree the new H2O pots are sooo pretty.

GinaA said...

The bouquet of flowers tied with a ribbon is a great idea for a thank you card. love the sentiment stamp

Carol Q said...

ooh yum Sarita. I think you've positioned that die beautifully and it adds a wonderful dimensional effect to the whole creation.

Lynne said...

Absoloutely fabulous as always Sarita. I always look forward to seeing your cards, you never fail to please.
Lynne xxx

Jan said...

Amazing card Sarita xx Jan

Mandi said...

So fantastic Sarita, not that your cards are ever anything less
dELighted to hear how well you are feeling, long may it continue

Thanks as always
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card! So beautifully put together! x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debgem said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!

Angelnorth said...

Beautifully delicate branch die cut and a lovely card, great job!

Ruth M said...

Oh my word - I LOVE this gorgeous card! Love the branch and how you added twinkle with the H20s. Love the composition too. Postie delivered a new Hero Arts stamp to me today - hope yours arrive soon!

dutchstamptramp said...

What a gorgeous card, Love your choice of blueshades and the ribbon and branch are such a perfect finish

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita SPLENDID. i love it. What a beauty.
Splendis colors and elegant style.
Gr. Marja

Faith A said...

An absolutely gorgeous card, love the dies and the colours and the shimmer, just beautiful

Ohneilly said...

Sarita, your cards are STUNNING! so classy and fresh.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I can't believe you have no comments on this FANTASTIC creation!! i love this card and your layout just is superb!!

Kathleen said...

And what a fabulous creation it is.
Absolutely stunning.

Kath x

Fiona said...

Beautifully put together Sarita as ever. Please could you do a duff card one week just to make me feel better. lol.
x

Diane said...

Beautiful card as always, Sarita xx

Dana Leigh said...

What a gorgeous card! Just beautiful.

cbuswell said...

really stunning!

ninarsku said...

AMAZING!!!! loved it so much!

tinadotcom.com said...

Hello Sarita,

this must be the most wondeful card ever you created. I also own this die but didn´t use it yet. I tend to forget my dies lately while creating. *lol*
I have a new blog since Friday and would like to invite you to take a look. No more basteltinchen, you can find me on http://tinadotcom.com now and of course I´ll keep the old blog up in the www. I´m still working on my new blog, but it is up and running.

Have a wonderful and crafty sunday, Sarita. Hugs, Tina

Linby said...

Stunning card - love how you used the stamp. glad you are feeling better.
Linbyx

Netty said...

Totally fabulous card, x

Margaret said...

Absolutely beautiful card Sarita
Margaret x

Sally H said...

fabulous! I love it!

Suze Bain said...

What can I say, absolutely stunning! xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful! Hazel x

Jackie said...

Absolutely superb :o)
Jackie xx

TAM said...

WOW Sarita this is a simply stunning card

stampingwithbrenda.com said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sarita
Fabulous card as always ...stunning...Sarita ....
Hugs sylvie
xx

Kathyk said...

Glorious card

Kathyk

Tejal said...

Truly stunning...love the die and the way the whole card ties together!! beautiful...love the watermark too!!

Debs M said...

gorgeous, the dies look stunning x

Susan said...

Sarita, you card is stunning!! LOVE those leaves and you've arranged them perfectly! My Card

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card. XOXO Zoe

Theresa said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Beryl K said...

This is absolutely stunning, love it
Beryl x

Huguenot Girl said...

This card is Simply Stunning Sarita! Love E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G about it! Nx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning card Sarita - absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card!

Wendy M said...

Stunning as always :-)

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Absolutely stunning card again Sarita, I've only just realised that I wasn't one of your lovely band of followers, I could have sworn, Ahh well I am now LOL Gay xxx

Sue - said...

Absolutely gorgeous card

massofhair said...

StUnNiNg card and i always seem to learn something new every time i visit. Great technique with the stamp:-)

Valerie said...

Stunning card Sarita, I'm always interested to see what you produce and as usual it's brilliant!
Val x

Angela Weimer said...

Fab card! such a stunningly different design. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela

Sandy said...

A beautiful card, like the embellishments
Sandy

Aileen said...

Love the circle of thanks and your added spray. x