Sunday, 31 July 2011

Normal life will resume soon...

I have spent the whole of last week desperately trying to save a cat's life. I can't believe the day after I took the photo shown in my last post Jasmine became very sick. After numerous tests it turned out she had an infection. We had to syringe feed her round the clock just to try and keep her alive. Thankfully once the vet eventually made her diagnosis Jasmine bounced back very quickly, but not after an exhausting week and scaring the living daylights out of us.

So no cardage yet, just haven't been able to fit it in, so I thought I would share these before and after photos of the unit in my lounge, painted before Jasmine became ill.

The unit is quite old and looked very tired, so I painted it in white and changed the door and drawer knobs.

unit 1


And this was the result. I bought the door knobs from Bombay Duck. If you have never visited their site I highly recommend a browse, they've got lots of lovely stuff. These crystal knobs were a fraction of the price you'd pay anywhere else.


unit 2



I'm really pleased with how it turned out. We very nearly just got rid of it and replaced it, so reviving it in this way has saved us a fortune and it was fun to do.


Well, as long as another crisis doesn't come along I should be back soon with another creation.

13 comments:

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Sarita, Oh I'm so glad that Jasmine is okay now, they are so important to us, I know I've had 4 beautiful cats:0) Great change for your cupboard what a transformation, looks brilliant, Gay xxx

Natali said...

Pity Jasmine... Wish her get well soon.
Natali

Jill said...

So glad things are returning to normal for you. Don't our animals just mean so much to us! Missed seeing your wonderful creations but glad all is well.

Jill x

tinadotcom.com said...

Oh Sarita, thank God your cat is getting better. I hope she is gonna be completly recoverd soon. I know how helpless you must have felt, we used to have a cat too.

The white looks so much better than the dark brown, it lightens the room and makes it brighter and friendly. Brilliant work, girl! Those knobs are lovely.

Hugs, Tina

Erika said...

Love the makeover. In need of doing a few bits here too.

Fiona said...

Great transformation Sarita, do you apply the paint with a small gloss roller or brush it on?
You must be so relieved that Jasmine is ok now.
x

Dotty Jo said...

Good news about your poor kitty. Amazing transformation - well done you! Jo x

Chris said...

Glad to hear Jasmine is well again. It must have been so worrying for you.

I love your unit. It looked good before but now it looks stunning. The knobs are gorgeous and give the unit a lovely finishing touch.

TAM said...

Fabulous bit of restoration on the cupboard - looks wonderful now.
Glad to hear that Jasmine is on the mend as well.

AshKuku said...

Unit must be very pleased too, with its rejuvenated restoration!!!! Sure to make people around happy too, by its sheer elegant presence.... :)

Ash... :)

Jackie said...

Oh wow, what a transformation :o)
I am so pleased that you managed to keep Jasmine alive!
Jackie xx

Carol Q said...

oh how awful for you Sarita. you must have been worried to bits. glad to hear she's recovered. fantastic redo of your cabinet - you should go into interior design

Dawn said...

Hi Sarita
Wow what an amazing transformation, look stunning.
I am sooo glad your furball is okay, you must have been so scared.

Hope you are well

hugs
Dawn