Saturday, 9 July 2011

My latest stamp design...

...do you remember when I first had a go at creating cards with my own little designs? This was the first drawing I did way back in May 2010 (you can see my original post here).

G1 c


Well, finally I had this one made into a stamp in varying sizes. It is a slightly different design to the one above, but I suppose that's the thing with original stuff, every sketch is unique.


J1


And here it is all stamped up. I chose turqouise and green ink and randomly stamped each stem. I have to admit, I like the overall effect.

J6 s

A few of the stems are quite long so I was over the moon when I found these Papermania acrylic blocks with grid lines. You see I am actually the queen of wonky stamping...don't let my final blog creations fool you...by then I have usually bodged several versions with my wonky stamping.


J2s

The grid lines made lining up the stems a doddle, and I would highly recommend these blocks.

J3s

The lovely sentiment is by Hero Arts from the "Live Life"poly clear set. I've used Versafine ink in Imperial purple.

The beautiful reversible satin ribbon is from Crafts U Love.

J7s

Again the grid blocks make it easy for lining up sentiments as well.


J4

And finally, right in the middle of my photo shoot, Jasmine decided to muscle in...honestly any opportunity to pose...


J8s

Well, I'm glad I had this design made into a stamp. Although I have rough idea of how I want my designs to look, I never really know how they will translate as a stamp so it's always a bit of a surprise when I actually stamp the design for the first time. I'm quite pleased with this one and hope you like it too.

32 comments:

Joey said...

Just Beautiful! that ribbon is stunning. lovely kitty too . Joey x

Jill said...

Absolutely amazing! I love the colours you have used they work so well together - and are one of my favourite colour combos!

Jill S

Lynne said...

Amazingly stunning Sarita, as always. What we need to know now is, when are you going to mass produce and sell these gorgeous stamps. You could give up the day job then you know lol.
Lynne xxx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Totally fabulous, love your design and what a beautiful puss, Gay xxx

angelwhispers said...

Wow just fabulous and just loving the colours!!!

I bet you are so proud and so you should be are your stamps are amazing. Chanelle xxx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita this is gorgeous. What a beautiful design and stamp you have made. Fantastic. And the cat wonderful behind your card. Lovely.
Have a nice weekend and greet
Marja

kjjc said...

your designs are fab. Have you thought of going retail? course you have and what did you decide? (wishfully she says).

judith@poppy cottage said...

Gorgeous Sarita. The colours are beautiful. Fabulous stamp, another one for my fantasy wish list, as I know that you don't sell them :( Judith xx

Clare said...

Wow Sarita you are such an amazingly talented lady hun. Those stamps are beautiful and so are all of your cards. Hugs Clare xxx

Clare said...

Oh im sorry Jasmine i meant to say how much more gorgeous these cards are with you in the picture!!! you are a beautiful little furbaby xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sarita
Gorgeous stamps ....Fabulous ...will you be selling them...???????
Brilliant cards ...
hugs
sylvie
xxx

Carol Q said...

beautiful Sarita. the stamp has a lovely "fluffy" feel to it (your expert drawing talents!) your cat is gorgeous.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous - well done you on having your own stamps made up!
Love your cards, beautiful colours and scrumptious ribbon. Such lovely sentiments too.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

E.T said...

STUNNING!!! Sarita now its high time, start your own stamp business c'mon! You have such gorgeous creations both stamps and cards that you will rock in this business!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your creations!

Pam said...

This is beautiful I love the colours you have used. Hugs Pam x

Shona said...

That's beautiful! How did you get it made into a stamp? Is it for sale? Thanks!

Ohneilly said...

These are gorgeous, You have such style, love your cards,
Claire xx

patriziawithaz said...

Hello Sarita. Managed to pop into Blogland tonight and visit you.Such a treat for me to see your outstanding work - it's stunning as always xHugsx

Jan said...

Absolutely fabulous, good luck with your stamps xx Jan

Jennifer said...

So elegant! Have a wonderful weekend! xx Jenny xx

Rufus said...

Oh that came out just lovely! And not only do you draw and create the neatest stamps, but you've always got the best sentiment stamps!
R/

Jackie said...

Stunning cards Sarita, your stamps are brilliant. You are one very clever lady :o)
Jackie xx

tinadotcom.com said...

Oh my God, Sarita ... I love your new stamps and your first card with it! You really should think about a little shop of your own. I guess, you would be sold out constantly. :D

Have a wonderful weekend, Tina

Smita said...

Gorgeous!! And hey, if you are the queen of wonky stamping, I am the empress :-D LOL!! I am terrible and I am so glad I got PTI's gridline block :D

Hugs,
Smita

Dawn said...

Hi Sarita
Have just been catching up with your blog and as ever stunning stuff. Love your cards and of course the star in the background - Jasmine!! She is indeed a beautiful caT>>>
Hope you are keeping well

Dawn
x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Sarita. I want this stamp so you are going to have to start having them produced en mass! This card is amazing, such stunning use of colours. Love Sheila x

massofhair said...

Your cards are always stylish, elegant and so well designed.
Shame you don't sell your designs as they are very versatile and would sell well especially to your dedicated followers:-)

Tejal said...

Its a super stamp, but even more stunning with your cards..superb!!
I love that gorgeous ribbon too!!

Lee said...

Amazing creation and of course mog is beautiful too.xx

Faith A said...

Stunning, and love the design of the stamp and that ribbon is cor! too

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful stamps, Sarita and an outstanding card. Superb colour choices - your grasses are artfully arranged, the sentiment is perfectly balanced and your bow is supreme! Hugs, Lesley

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fabulous stamps well done you they are gorgeous. Love the colours you chose to make the card , spectacular. As for your cat do you train him to sit there lol ?

Marie