Sunday, 3 July 2011

Guilty...

I am truly ashamed of how many stamps I buy that rarely, or in some cases, never, get to see the light of day. Something new always comes along and I end up putting older stamps away and forget about them.

So it was a pleasure to stumble across some old Hero Arts stamps that I love and had been hiding away for several years in an old box. This particular one is from a set of 4 word wooden block stamps from the 2007 Hero Arts catalogue called "Fancy Script Messages". I think the text is stunning...if you want to see the set of stamps I have found a link here.

i1


First I stamped a frame from Papertrey's Mat Stack 2 collection in peach. Then I used my Tombow pens (another under-used craft item) to colour the "G" in burgandy and the rest of the word in black.

i3


A few gems and ribbon, and voila, job done.


i2



I'm really happy that I managed to mix the old with the new and must make more of an effort to continue to do so.

I'm off to enjoy the gorgeous weather we have here...I can feel my craft room getting hotter by the minute, so I will probably take a cold glass of something nice into the garden and chill out for the rest of the day!

15 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning card Sarita, I love the colours and the over-stamping of the sentiment onto the frame. Totally elegant creation, as always.
Hope you enjoy a relaxing day in the sunshine.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Jill said...

This is so effective - the card comes together beautifully!

Jill S

Lynne said...

Sarita you naughty girl. How could you forget about that beautiful stamp set. I`m so glad you found it, your card is stunning as always.
Lynne xxx

Sharon said...

I completely understand about putting away new stamp sets and then forgetting you have them. And yes, I do remember that Hero Arts stamp set. The font is absolutely beautiful! and I'm glad you had the chance to ink it up!
Have a safe holiday weekend!

Jackie said...

Pure class.
I am sure that weall have stamps/papers etc that we have forgotten about :o)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carol Q said...

Classy as ever Sarita and lovely choice of colours. Unlike you - I'm ebaying all my old ones at the moment! lol

Maribel said...

Love is the most elegant, beautiful for the simple and the color is very nice. precious

Juls said...

I think we all do exactly the same!!! Fabulous to redescover a stamp!! as always beautiful and stylish card, I always so admire your work! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've been a bad commenter and I've missed several lovely makes of yours. All of them are of course lovely - I've just missed several of them. This one is so Sarita! And is beautiful but I love, love, love your Thank you semi-circle card! Hugs, Lesley

Julie said...

Lovely and elegant as always

E.T said...

as always, STUNNING!

Li'l Pidge said...

Another clean and simple card to stunning effect.

Kyla

tinadotcom.com said...

You have created such a gorgeous card, CAS at is best and very unique.

Hugs, Tina

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

What a famous card, i love it !
Have a fine day, Sabine