Saturday, 11 June 2011

A recipe for fun...

...that's the challenge over at Aimes fab blog Passion for Papertrey this week.

The challenge is : a dollop of colour (3 colours plus neutrals if required eg black/white)
a sprinkle of buttons (2 buttons)
a pinch of ribbon (1 ribbon)

I have chosen green, navy blue and grey. I know grey is a neutral but I hope I still qualify as I've used white as well.


d1


This is the first time I've used this frame from Papertrey Ink's Mat Stack 3 collection. Ideally you need a 3/4" circle punch for the circle to fit inside the frame, but I didn't have one, although I've since found out SU do one. Instead I used a Nestie die from the standard small circle set and found that it fitted perfectly.


d2


I've used the lovely leafy stamp from PTI's With Sympathy set yet again, it creates such a fab background. and just seems to go with everything.



d3


And finally a close up of the Mat stack frame, I really love this design, it creates a lovely focal point.



d4

Right, I'm off to enter into the challenge and then cram as much as I can into my weekend. I have a few days off next week, and am soo looking forward to it especially as I have more PTI stuff being shipped to me as I write this and am hoping for it to arrive when I'm off!


Have a great weekend.

19 comments:

Fiona said...

Gorgeous as usual Sarita and an unusual colour combo that's very stylish.

Tina said...

Oh girl, you rock it! This card is art!!!

Hugs, Tina

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Absolutely stunning piece!!

Aimes said...

Of course these colours qualify! And what a fab colour combo they make!
Love the tip about using a nestie (I'll have to keep that in mind!)
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

E.T said...

stunning card! just beautiful.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sarita - I love all the stamps you've used and the colours are scrumptious!
Have a fabulous weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita this is gorgeous. Beautiful colours. Great design.
Nice weekend
Gr. Marja

Jackie said...

Superb as always Sarita, very classy card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

Caryn said...

Hi Sarita, this is just gorgeous - the layout is so pretty and the colour combo works great.
Thanks for joining us at A Passion for Papertrey.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Georgia said...

Oh wow, I love this Sarita, it's so gorgeous! I really like the colours and the sentiment looks so pretty! :) Love, Georgia xx

Steph said...

Gorgeous as ever! Can't believe you've got more PTI stuff coming, you're as naughty as me!!!!! Can't wait to compare what you got- see my blog for my new stash! Hugs xxx

Aileen said...

Beautiful colours and the stamps are perfect. x

Juls said...

this is just fab!!! I love the lime green with the pink! Hugs Juls

Anne said...

Well done Sarita. Well deserved. Love the colour combination. Your card has sold the stamp and die set to me. Must add it to my list.

Tina said...

Sarita, you won!!! Congratulations, you deserve it so so much.

Hugs, Tina

Grenouille Greetings said...

Striking! Love the die! Love the card! Hugs, Lesley

stempelplatz said...

Wonderful card and colours!

Bianca

Fran said...

Hello, I have just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE your cards, very inspirational!
They are all beautiful.
Frances