Saturday, 18 June 2011

Creating a vellum wrap...


Having used vellum in one of my latest creatons, I realised how much I had missed it, so I thought I would create a vellum wrap for this card.


It doesn't look much photographed like this. You don't get the full effect...

F1

...until you lay the vellum over the design like this. I stamped PTI's cake from the Make A Wish set on to card and then decided where to put my sentiments once I had finished stamping the cake. The beautiful large sentiment from PTI's Think Big collection is perfect. I made sure I stamped it to partially overlay on top of the cake design.


F2


I then I just added the Make A Wish sentiment for a bit of added interest.


I use 100 gsm brilliant white vellum for my overlays, it has a lovely sheer quality, and I know it will feature in more of my creations in the future.

17 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful card, I love vellum xx Jan

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, the vellum wrap makes it look so subtle and classy.
Thank you for reminding me about vellum, I have used it in the past, I must use it again :o)
Jackie xx

Erika said...

Beautiful and so classy. x

Fiona said...

Beautiful work Sarita. The vellum adds a a luxurious touch to your card.

Jill said...

Love the colours you have used and the overall effect!

Jill S

Julie said...

A great design idea, beautifully executed as always.

Tina said...

Oh my, this is beautiful, Sarita. Those bright colors wbich turn to kind of pastell color when layerd with vellum make me sigh.
The extra "make a wish" in the upper corner is perfect, just what the card needed.

Hugs, Tina

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Sarita, your talent never fails to amaze me. I love this card, the PTI 'big' stamp makes a fabulous impact. Will have to give this a go I have a stash of vellum.....somewhere! Take care. Love Sheila x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Sarita, your talent never ceases to amaze me. I love this card, especially the 'big' PTI sentiment, it makes a BIG statement. Must give this a go, I have loads of vellum stashed away ..... somewhere! Take care. Love Sheila x

AshKuku said...

Loved beyond words.... Very CRISP!!!!

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Stamps and Paper said...

A really stunning card....love the colours

Anne

Sam Wright said...

Fantastic card!

Sasha said...

Beautifully created with the soft overlay. Your work looks so professional x

Linby said...

oh wow-what a wonderful card I just love that effect.
Linbyx

Juls said...

this is so so so gorgeous!!!! what a fabulous use of Vellum!!!!! Hugs Juls

Carol Q said...

lol - you've reminded me of vellum too. used to love doing vellum wraps. this is gorgeous Sarita.

Sharon said...

I really LOVE this look! How classy and fancy! TFS! Your cards are always soo beautiful!