Sunday, 5 June 2011

Breaking the rules...

It's been ages since I done anything remotely like this...many of my recent creations have been clean and simple so it was nice to do something a bit more involved.

I have created a collage effect by stamping the same background design as my last creation and then layering up with the Hero Arts dogstooth pattern and adding several different sentiments pointing in different directions...I mean who says sentiments have all got to be facing the same way?


C1

I've still tried to keep the overall look clean...I love my white space and can't give it up even if this is a collage!

The lovely bracket flourish is from Papertrey Ink's Mat Stack 3 collection. The butterflies are recycled from my acetate card made a couple of weeks ago...I always try to re-use stuff from earlier creations, it saves work and money!

Well today is already flying by so I gotta dash...see you soon!

18 comments:

Carol Q said...

works for me. you've chosen a really interesting combination of elements here Sarita.

Riet said...

Wowww Sarita,What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

joanne wardle said...

I love clean collage, so this totally works for me. love it

Vicki said...

Stunning card Sarita, the colours are beautiful (love the butterflies too!)

Hugs
Vicki x

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita this is gorgeous. Stunning work. Love it.
Greet Marja

Suzi B said...

This is just gorgeous! I love it.
Sue :)

TAM said...

looking good - I like it

Kerry said...

Hi Sarita

I LOVE the dogtooth stamp, its fab.

No matter what you do you always keep your clean, simple and classy style. I love it.

Love Kerry xxx

cbuswell said...

fabulous, love the arrangement!

Grenouille Greetings said...

There is a lot going on here for you but still lots of white space too. Love the different script directions! Love the different patterns. Love the butterflies. Love the card! Hugs, Lesley

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Sarita this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Superb card as always, I love the flutterbies :o)
Jackie xx

Erika said...

Stunning card love the collage effect especially the butterflies.
Happy crafting,
Erika.

Julie said...

Lovely card, really great design

Linby said...

Just love this card, the composition is just amazing.
Linbyx

Sue said...

Wow wow wow what else can one say just love it Luv Sue x

Steph said...

Oh Sarita I LOVE this! I think this is one of my favourite cards of your's!! And that's saying something because I LOVE them all!!! Just gorgeous!! x

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!! I love this, I do love clean collage and you have given it such a stylish twist, love the touch of pink, it really makes it pop!! HUgs Juls