Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Papertrey Make It Monday challenge

Now that I have quite a few Papertrey stamps I can join PTI challenges, and I thought I would waste no time in joining in this week's challenge over at Nicole Heady, designer and co-owner of Papertrey Ink.


This week's challenge is to draw a frame around the card front.


papertrey challenge 2

I used PTI's fab Year of Flowers Mums stamps. I didn't do any measuring for the frame. I simply arranged my blooms and sentiment and then used a rectangular nestie to draw round the flowers!! Really quick and easy.


I decoupaged the larger flower and painted the leaves to add a bit of contrast.


Papertrey challenge


This is a stunning stamp set and know I will use it over and over again.

23 comments:

Carol Q said...

lovely Sarita - so classy and yet so obviously simple (except I didn't think of it! lol)

angelwhispers said...

Just love the flower stanp and id it looks so perfect left uncoloured!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Hope you are feeling a bit better Sarita xxx

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

This is beautiful Sarita, loved it

Ali x

TAM said...

How right you are when you say its a stunning stamp set but you've used it to perfection to produce a fabulous card

Lily said...

Gorgeous, love the uncoloured effect!

JeNjOy said...

Beautiful card, love the frame, I have just checked out the video.
jenjoy x

patriziawithaz said...

Hi Sarita x You always get the best out of whatever you craft with - this is so gorgeous x

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Sarita I love this card. So beautiful and simple! (it seems so but I know how difficult this is).
Gr. Marja

Cathy Weber said...

I just had to let you know how much I liked your MIM card. Those flowers are so beautifully stamped and cut out. How smart you were to trace a nestie for the frame.

{ kelly jo } said...

Wow- this is beautiful!

Rufus said...

Elegant and classy!
R/

Linby said...

wow, wow, wow - fab card.
Linbyx

Jackie said...

Stunning card, so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Steph said...

I love their flower stamps, they're gorgeous aren't they?! xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.xx

Katrin said...

Очень красиво!

José said...

Beautiful card Sarite and the last one too.
Hugs José

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card, so elegant.

Michelle said...

Oh Sarita
I need to do some cards like this, it's stunning. The problem with DT work is that you have to use what the retailers sell and I just LOVE the things you do and NEED to make more of a similar style, you so inspire me! This is simply beautiful
x Michelle

Elli p.´s Stempelvitrine said...

What a famous card and a insteresting blog, gratulation!
Greetings Sabine

Merry said...

This is such a stunning card.

Tina said...

So lovely, Sarita. I hope my stamps are here with me soon,can´t wait anymore. You did magic with those mums, that´s for sure.

Hugs, Tina

Inkyfingers said...

Absolutely beautiful Sarita. The design and execution is stunning.