Sunday, 9 January 2011

Working with numbers...

...I don't know about you but I find age cards quite difficult to make. I always struggle where to put the numbers without it just looking like it is an after thought. But as it is my friend's fiftieth birthday I knew I had to make an effort to include the age on the card (although she may not agree lol!)

Ages ago I bought some Do Crafts numbers and had yet to use them. I like that the set has large and small numbers, and for this card I have used the larger numbers.


50


I decided to over stamp the numbers with a lovely Paula Pascual sentiment, so that they are integral to the design and don't, I hope, just look like an after thought.


I bought my friend some jewellery so I made a little matching box as well.


For these creations I kept the stamping very subtle, so much so I wondered if the camera would pick it up, but luckily it has. Rather than stamp the background design randomly all over I have stamped the design as a cluster in one corner of the card and box, I just think it looks better that way.



I was also very lucky to get these pictures as the light started to fade very quickly. Roll on the summer and the light evenings!!





Several people have asked me where I get my white cardstock. I have to say I am very fussy on my cardstock and get mine from PDA card and craft. For me nothing else comes close. I use their 300gsm brilliant uncreased white card, and love that they do larger sized creased card if you want to make a bigger card.



Well, can you believe it...no blog posts for over a month and then 2 in one weekend!! Just gotta keep it up now!




  • Background stamp: KatzelKraft from The Craft Barn


  • A Gift For You sentiment: Waltzingmouse


  • Number stamps: Forever Friends "Hand Script Numbers"


  • Coloured cardstock: SU's Soft Suede


  • Ribbon: May Arts Silk ribbon from America

27 comments:

patriziawithaz said...

WOW !!! What a gorgeous card and gift box and what a very lucky friend - I'm so jealous xx

Juls said...

Just beautiful! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

Beautifully elegant as always.

lamanuelle said...

Beautifull!! Happy new year! Kiss! Nadine

Michelle said...

I'm always so blown away with your work Sarita, so very stylish and simply beautiful. I came to the dashboard specifically to see if you had posted today, been thinking about you. Hope you are feeling well. Been wondering how you were.
x Michelle

Fiona said...

A fabulous and very classy card Sarita. Your friend will love it and the matching box is also very elegant. Love the stylish colour combo. I could do with those numbers as I'm just about to make a start on my Auntie's 60th card.

Vicki said...

Ooow Sarita it's beautiful, love the colour combo you've used and I bet your friend will be delighted with it:)

Hugs
Vicki x

Beth said...

Wow! What a stunning card, she's sure to love it, and the '50' definitely looks part of the design. Love the sumptuous ribbon too! And I agree with you about PDA Card and Craft - that's where I got all the bits when I made my wedding stationary! Great shop!

Love Beth xx

angelwhispers said...

Wow you are back!!! This is just stunning and such elegant colours she will adore it. I just wish I could do something like this! Chanelle xxx

Donna said...

Wow this is really beautiful and I love your colour choice.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

both absolutely gorgeous!! :)

Dawn said...

Beautiful! Love those colours together.

Hugs
Dawn
x

Carol Q said...

LOL - know how she feels! beautiful card Sarita. such a great design

Sasha said...

What a lovely card and matching box. Your friend will know you have put a lot of TLC into these.

Kerry said...

Hi Sarita,

Fabby card and so elegant. I love the rich colours of the ink/ribbon and the sparkly 50 is fab.

Love Kerry xxx

Andrea said...

Such a stunning card - The number looks fab, love the sentiment over the top of it, love the cluster of images, and the gorgeous bow!
Thanks for the heads up about the card - I have recently bought some cards that I am really disappointed with - they just seem so flimsy!
Love, Andrea xx

joey said...

I want to be 50 and your friend!!! LOL, gorgeous card and box Sarita, love those colour tones too, the 50 works perfectly!
Joey xx

Smita said...

I love the beautiful colors and the delicate stamping.

Wish you and your family a very happy new year, Sarita!

Hugs,
Smita

Rufus said...

The 50 looks perfectly planned and not at all as an afterthought. Very classy and elegant, both the colors and design. She's a lucky friend!
R/

Karen said...

Absolutely STUNNING !

Love Karen x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful, elegant set in your own inimitable style :o)
I have to say I like PDA too and visit about 4 times a year for some bumper retail therapy as it's only about 12 miles from me :o)
Jackie xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A stunning pair of makes, Sarita and sooooooo you! Hugs, Lesley

Chris said...

Hi sweetheart and happy new year to you! I love your gift box you made for your friend, it's very elegant and perfect for a 50th. I'm exactly the same with putting numbers on cards but I have to say you've got it off to perfection. Take care and big hugs, Chris xx

Tina said...

What can I say? It´s amazing what you can do with paper, ink and ribbon putting it together with your style and your heart.

Have a wonderful day, Sarita!

Hugs, Tina

magic boxes said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarita, as always!

The balance of numbers, senitments and background corner stamping are perfect. You are so clever.

Just beautiful - bet your friend was delighted. 50 is a bit of a bummer but something like this would definitely take the sting out of it.

Thank you for the white card link, it's so difficult to find a good supplier.

Happy New Year and hope your health is better in 2011.

Look after yourself.

Elaine x

Helen said...

OMG, just gorgeous! Just wanted to know that I have something for you on my blog today x x

Julie said...

Beautiful design, so elegant with the rich brown ribbon!! Juliex