Saturday, 27 November 2010

All you need is love...

I'm back!! I know, don't faint, I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted a creation...probably the longest I've ever gone without posting since I set up my blog.


Well, without further ado, here is a peek at my latest creations...



love 3



I think it has actually done me good to have a creative break (well that's what I'm going to call it). I feel re-invigorated and ready to go again. But when I finally got back in my craft room yesterday, I just sat there with a very blank look on my face. I kept thinking what if I've forgotten how to make cards, what if I just can't think of another single thing to make...it was actually quite scary. I knew I had to do something to get back in the creative zone, and this week's Simplicity One Layer Challenge being hosted by Jennifer Styles was just what I needed.



The challenge is "Inspiring Minds" ie to use some of Walter Erhard's art work as inspiration, some of which you can see here.



I chose this picture:









I've lost count of how many stamps I've bought and never used, just waiting for the right project to come along, and boy did this LOVE stamp from Stampington fit the bill perfectly for this challenge!!

Of course it's not a Christmas stamp, but I wanted to use it for a Christmas card and came up with this....



love


I took inspiration for the colours from these bottles of body wash!



And here are all 3 colourways pictured with the Stampington stamp, which I removed from the wooden block and cut up so that I could play about with it.
love 2

I made 2 DL cards, one vertical and one horizontal, both of which I could use for this week's challenge.

I think this is my fave colourway. In fact I like the design of the card so much I will probably do a more eleborate version to give to DH this year, the sentiment is perfect.


love 6

And finally, a slightly different layout, hence the need to cut up the stamp.

love 4

Well, unlike some parts of the country, we haven't had a single snowflake here after all. I've gotta feeling it's waiting for me to go back to work. I don't mind it snowing at the weekend, but not when I've got to travel. I somehow think I will not escape it next week.


I'll try not to leave it quite as long before I post again. Until next time stay warm!!

33 comments:

Leanne said...

These are gorgeous! I love this simple kinda design!

Hugs
Leanne xx

lamanuelle said...

J'adore!! Trop classe ces cartes! Bises. Nadine

Fiona said...

Hi Sarita,
Seems like we've both had a break from crafting but unlike you I just couldn't get back into it very well.
Your creations are stunning. (wouldn't expect any less from you) Love the colour combo's and the imaginative ways you have used the letters, and the embossing framing the design oozes class.
No snow in Sussex yet either.
xxx

kjjc said...

gorgeous and so lovely to see you back. Was worried for you. Keep creating your lovely creations. thanks for sharing with us.

Juls said...

OH MY GOODNESSS WOW!!! these are just amazing!!!! Hugs Juls

Jackie said...

It's great to see you back Sarita, welcome home :o)
You most certainly haven't lost your touch at all, your cards are superb as ever :o)
Jackie xx

Sian said...

It's great to see you creating again. Beautiful cards, very elegant.
hugs

Julie said...

Nice to see you creating again Sarita, and you're back with perfectly elegant and inspirational cards.

Mandi said...

Completely stunning hunni

Missed you

mandi xx

Smita said...

Gorgeous cards, Sarita! I love each of them.... the colors are sooo pretty!

PS: I don't think you'll ever forget how to make cards.... you are too talented for that ;-)

Hugs,
Smita

patriziawithaz said...

Welcome back Sarita - I have missed you !!! I look forward to seeing your fabulous creations and these are most definitely stunning,outstanding and fantastic !!! You are soooo talented x

(and thanks for the snow link lv x)

Tina said...

That´s perfect Sarita-Style! Love the elegant and clean look of the cards and couldn´t choose a favorite color-combo.
You don´t have to be afraid of being not able to create after a break. You surely got ink in your veins, heehee.

Have a wonderful sunday, Sarita.

Hugs, Tina

Aimes said...

Fab to see ya back!!! That mojo has gone nowhere!!! These are all fabulous - love the way you cut your stamp up to get so many different layouts (kinda scary too tho! LOL!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

magic boxes said...

Hi Sarita
These are absolutely gorgeous, as always. You have such elegance and it's great to see where you draw inspiration from.

So glad to see you back!

Elaine x

Paula said...

love your eye for design and colour

Sue C said...

Gorgeous cards Sarita, love the colours you've used. Sue C x

dziunka said...

wspaniałę

Jennifer said...

Well, this is quite a spectacular "comeback".

Your cards are simply stunning!

Fantastic job on the challenge and thanks for playing along!

Andrea said...

Welcome back Sarita - I was thinking of you only yesterday!
All your cards are beautiful but I think my favourite is the gold one.
You are very brave cutting up that stamp, but it has worked so well - I have a fobia of cutting into (or breaking!) things, but this shows that sometimes its worth doing LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheila said...

your cards are really amazing! I love everything about your creations...the color combos, the design etc...they are so fresh looking! if I may ask, what do you use to achieve your embossed framework?

CazzaG said...

WOW Sarita, I wish my MOJO would return with inspiration like yours! Truly stunning cards as always so elegant. Glad to see you back. No snow in Manchester yet. Like you I hope it doesn't come when I have to travel. Hate it when the weather is bad on the run up to Christmas - so many things to do and so many people travelling about - not a good combination me thinks.

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Sarita,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anj said...

Oh these are gorgeous - so glad you are back in blogland - missed ya! x x

Merry said...

Oh wow....these cards are so pretty. So good to see you back.

Chris said...

You have elegance down to a T Sarita. These are so beautiful. Good to see you back.

Chris

Debgem said...

Wow!! These cards are so beautiful. I love the stamp and the colours you've used. All three are just brilliant!!

faitha said...

GREAT to have you back.
I missed seeing your fabulous creations, makes me dream that one day I may, in a thousand years, be able to create such beautiful cards.

Vicky said...

Good to see back Sarita! I've missed looking at your creations. 'Love' what you've done with this stamp (pardon the pun!).
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hope you are a little less busy now, Sarita. We've missed you! I LOVE these cards. It's amazing how you take one horizontal stamp and make four different shapes and those colours are gorgeous! Beautiful work! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Linny said...

These cards are so beautiful. I am always popping in to see what you have made and sometimes feel quite disappointed there is nothing new... so I for one are hoping you are feeling a lot better and look forward to your new makes.. Linda

Chrissie said...

Fabulous!
Chrissie

Nicole Aspinall said...

WOW - I love this clean design