Saturday, 30 October 2010

Getting creative again...

Feeling pants all the time does nothing for my creativity, and I'll be honest, I just haven't felt like crafting at all in the last few weeks. Goodness knows I tried several times to go into my craft room, but I walked straight back out again with a heavy heart, as nothing came to me at all.

So it was a complete surprise when, during a rare quiet moment at work, my eyes fell onto a Kleenex box of tissues on my friend's desk. The pattern on the box was all smudgy with swirly snowflakes and it was like BING!! The creative light bulb switched into overdrive and I thought I HAVE to re-create the design. Now sadly my friend hasn't finished blowing her nose yet but she has promised me the box when she's finished with it lol! Maybe you've seen it in the shops but I haven't been out anywhere to have a look. Apparently the tissue boxes even come in different colourways too! When she gives me the box I will take a picture to show you!

Anyway, here is my attempt to re-create the gorgeous design...


swirly snow

Here are some different colourways...
First up, Adirondack ink in "Stream" a tantalising turquoise ...

ss 1

Next, Adirondack ink in "Wild Plum", a sumptuous cerise...

ss3

...and finally, my personal favourite, Tim Holtz "Black Soot" a gorgeous smudgy smoky black.

ss2

The amazing thing is I used a swirly snowflake stamp by Hero Arts which I bought some 5 years ago and have never used! I love it when I finally find a use for forgotton stamps!


swirly snow 2

And to top them all I've used one of Paula Pascual's fab sentiment stamps.

Thank you so much to everyone who has left comments recently, it is so kind of you especially as I haven't been blogging lately, but I am hoping to have a really good catch up soon!

31 comments:

maddy hill said...

elegant and beautiful !

Tara said...

WOW!! Gorgeous cards Sarita, they look so elegant and trendy!
Look after yourself hun and never worry about the blogging or commenting, that will be here forever ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Mandi said...

Breathtaking!

Do wish you better hun

miss you not posting

manid xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous work Sarita, I just love the work you produce and your elegant style. You have inspired me to try a CAS card and I have linked to your blog from my post today. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Liza x

Liza said...

Sorry.... I ment to put a link to my post here.... but I was too keen and pressed the publish button first!

Liza

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Sarita,I love the image and the colours.
So chique.

Hugs Riet.x

lamanuelle said...

Magnifiques ces cartes! Bonne idée en plus! Bises. Nadine

Carol Q said...

ooh aren't they beauties! lovely strong colours and gorgeously understated design.

Tina said...

As Mandi wrote: Breathtaking!

Sarita, no tissue-box can ever look so glamorous as your cards do. Especialliy the black one seems to be like black luxurous lace. And the two other colore make me want to purchase those ink pads, heehee. I´m kind of an ink pad adiccted, I have to admit.

Hope your friend will feel better soon.

To use such old uninked stamps is a great feeling, isn´t it? :)

Hugs, Tina

froebelsternchen Susi said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!

Dawn said...

Hiyaaa!
Awww Sarita I have been missing your wonderful work and so sorry to hear you are still under the weather but WHOA! you have come back with absolute creativity - these are just AMAZING, love the design and that swirl stamp will be getting aired a lot more now me thinks!

Take care

Hugs
Dawn
x

Ksu said...

очень красивые открыточки!!!

Julie said...

Hi Sarita, lovely cards, I agree with you I like the black best of all, there's just something about it.

Andrea said...

Hi Sarita - these are absolutely stunning - I love them all!
I do hope you are feeling better very soon - take care.
Love, Andrea xx

Fiona said...

Have missed your beautiful designs Sarita but see you haven't lost your touch! These are stunning, my faves are the black and blue. Thanks for your kind comment.
xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunningly elegant, Sarita! These are so beautiful! And your inspiration for them amused me. I do hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs, Lesley

Vicki said...

Oh how beautifully stunning these are, so delicate and elegant too!

Sending you a big hug to help you feel better ;)

Vicki x

Rufus said...

Sure hope that this means you are feeling a bit better. If Mr. Mojo took a vacation while you were ill, you MUST be all better now, since it's obvious that he's home! These are gorgeous and I have a hard time believing that a tissue box could be this pretty! Continue to feel better!
R/

lis-m said...

Wow! these are amazing..can I ask are these stamped in the same colours you blended aroung the design..? they look so rich . love them xx

Tracey said...

These stunning Sarita! It is great when you find unused stamps or stash isn't it :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chris said...

Oh how beautiful these cards are. So elegant and stylish. Just love the colours.

Hope you are feeling better today.

mckinkle said...

Awww Sarita, these are just beautiful!
Im so sorry to read that youve been feeling so rough lately, its awful when even our most favourite pastime gives up no enjoyment.

We will all still be here waiting to see your creations so dont worry about that!

Youve been so inspirational thats its a real treat to see what youve made. Hope you enjoy Halloween also!

Keryn x

Lavender Rose said...

Stunning cards, so elegant and stylish.

Julie said...

Oh these are fabulous Sarita- amazing design and so elegant!! Fabulous perfection! Juliexx

Jackie said...

Oh I do so love it when you are feeling creative Sarita, you come up with such wonderful designs and they are so elegant in every colour :o)
I do hope you are soon back to feeling much better.
Hugs, Jackie xx

Georgia said...

These are so stunning Sarita and the colours are just gorgeous!! I love the snowflake design you've created, it looks so pretty! I really hope you're feeling a bit better soon and have a lovely week! :) Love, Georgia xx

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Its nice to see you back again. These are stunning, I especially like the 'black soot' card, its monochrome for Christmas for me too. Love Sheila x

Juls said...

I love these, so fabulous and stylish! Hugs Juls

E.T said...

BRILLIANT!!!! these are absolutely amazing!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

E.T said...

BRILLIANT!!!! these are absolutely amazing!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Sharon said...

Hi Sarita, You can see the card I told you about where I've CASEd these cards, HERE
Thank you so much for your awesome inspiration - I hope I have done justice to your fantastic design.
Hugs,
Sharon xx