Friday, 17 September 2010

Let it snow...

Crikey, it was only autumn in my last post and now I've jumped straight to winter hee hee...

This is my entry for this week's One Layer Wednesday over at Simplicity, which is to use 3 images and 1 sentiment.

I actually find simple cards are very often harder to make than layered cards...one tiny mistake can stand out like a sore thumb. It took me 3 goes just to get my embossed rectangle straight!

On top of that was deciding upon the whole composition...to make it interesting without using any layers or embellishments.

snow 2

First I decided to place my rectangle off centre. I think it looks better than it would have if it had been central. Then there was the decision where to place my 3 snowflakes for best effect. I decided to have a couple stradling the embossed lines of the rectangle, to help bring the design together. And finally, for just a bit more added interest I stamped the snowflakes in 2 different colours, I just think it would have looked too bland if they had all been the same colour.


snow 1

And that was my thought process with this card! It looks like quite a quick card, and it would be to recreate it, but it actually took some time to really think about the composition.

But that's why I love simple cards...if done right they can be so effective. Hopefully I have just about achieved this!

29 comments:

lamanuelle said...

Magnifique! j'adore! Et tellement classe! Bises. Nadine

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

It's beautiful!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely stunning. So elegant.

Lily said...

Simply gorgeous! You know I love simple cards too:-)

Hugs,
Lily

patriziawithaz said...

Bellissimo xox

1 lucky mum said...

how beautiful - i wish i could create them s cleanly - mine have glue blobs, finger smudges etc! How did you do teh indentation?? and did you gliter after too - gorgeous colours - where do you get all your card stock and beautiful stamps?

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Sarita - this is stunning and so elegant - the placement of the snowflakes is "spot-on". Pure and simple perfection!
Hugs, Sylvia x

angelwhispers said...

Wow this looks so simple yet so elegant!!! Love Chanelle xx

Doris said...

Not only did you use 3 snowflakes, but the sentiment repeats 3x too! Your card is gorgeous... and I couldn't agree more about how much more difficult it is to use only one layer. Remember how that's all there was when we first started stamping? (or am I dating myself here--lol)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sarita.

Hugs Riet.x

Sue said...

This is so elegant.

Kerry said...

Stunning card Sarita. Grat embossing and the snowflakes are so pretty.

Love Kerry xxx

Kerry said...

Stunning card Sarita. Grat embossing and the snowflakes are so pretty.

Love Kerry xxx

Sue C said...

Beautiful Sarita, such an elegant card. I am totally with you on simple cards being hard to do, I always add too many layers ! Sue C x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous CAS card...stunning!! xx Jenny xx

Dawn said...

Stunningly elegant!

Paula said...

another perfect card...love you clean and modern designs.

sandra said...

Your cards are always so elegent, just love your style. Love it. Love Sandra x

Andrea said...

Wow - simply stunning! I have been trying to come up with some simple Christmas cards that look stunning - not got anything to match yours yet (lol!)
Love, Andrea xx

~ Ali ~ said...

Simplt stunning Sarita....love it! Hugs Ali x

mustavcoffee said...

Hi there, stunning card, perfect positioning and lots of thought, great, I love it :0)xx

cardz said...

I love all the white space you have and the way you have arranged your snowflakes and sentiments.

Smita said...

Super nice!!

Btw, did you see the Play Date Cafe recognition? ;-) Congrats, dear girl :-)

Hugs,
Smita

Susan said...

Beautiful....simply beautiful!

Rosemary said...

wow!! just gorgeous and so very elegant!

Fiona said...

Great composition Sarita and tres elegant! (Would I expect anything else from you ? lol)

Fiona x

Tina said...

This card is so elegnat, I love it. :)

Hugs, Tina

stempelomi said...

wow...what a great work!! I love it!

Hugs,Beate

Dwita said...

Your embossed rectangle is pretty. I love it. I believe the other 2 cards were okay, too..