Saturday, 18 September 2010

Joy...

I've been so excited today and not just because it's nearly brussel sprout season...postie brought me a little parcel this morning...new stamps designed by the uber talented Paula Pascual. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them on her fab blog, and I find her wonderful creations just so inspiring.

joy 2

I've used the same format as in my last creation...although this time I've embossed an oval shape. Several people have asked me how I emboss my shapes into my cardstock. I found a good tutorial on Splitcoaststampers which you can see here. Although it shows how to emboss a die cut shape, I simply put a plain piece of card through with a Nestie together with my Tan Embossing Mat-the principle is exactly the same.

I use a Big Shot with my Nesties so I do have to play about with different thicknesses of shim to get the right pressure.

A touch of Glamour Dust, a few gems and job done. I think Paula's stamps are soo classy and I will definitely be making up batches of these to send to family and friends this year, in all sorts of colourways and combining the different designs, I think they all work really well togther.


joy 1

A couple of peeps have asked to see more of my Maine Coon cats Ronnie and Jasmine on my blog. Well, here is Jasmine...


jasmine2

Before you say "aah", don't let that "butter-wouldn't melt-in-my-mouth" look fool you. She is part cat, part demon! Although she is very loving, she is so naughty. You cannot turn your back on her for one moment or she will wreck a room in minutes!! She is sweet with it though so I can't tell her off...


jasmine1

Well, Jasmine has given the game away...as you can see I bought more than 1 set of Paula's fab stamps!! I hope to have more Paula creations to show you in the next day or so.

21 comments:

Dawn said...

Aww absolutely gorgeous as ever, thanks for the info about the embossing.

Love the photo of your puss cat, she is beautiful, Peaches loves to shove her but right in fromt of me and flicks her tail, she tries to get between me and my crafty stuff!

hugs
Dawn
x

Linby said...

Breathtaking as was the last one. I don't know how you craft so neatly with a cat around. I don't have any distractions and still manage a splodge on most things LOL!
Linbyx

Stamp In Style (Suze) said...

Lovely Card and adorable cats!

I thought I was going to have a crafty day today ... I'm dog sitting as both Hubby and Parents have gone to watch Football. Not to be ... I have two pesty Westies who usually are really good but today they want my undivided attention and keep fetching me from my craftroom.

joey said...

AAAAAwwww your Jasmine is so gorgeous hun she looks so relaxed there. Your card is STUNNING as always just adore your style. Joey.x

Paula said...

your cards are so professional and slick...and this one is no exception - adore it and your puddy tat too!

angelwhispers said...

No winder you fell in love with these beauties Sarita the card is just gorgeous and so elegant!!!

But then all your cards are so classy!!!

What a beautiful pussycat!!! can't beleive she is a demon!!!

Love Chanelle xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sarita,What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.x

Kerry said...

HI Sarita,

Classy Christmas card!! Gorgeous stamps and I will have to take a look at Paula's blog - thanks for sharing.

Love Kerry xxx

Julie said...

great card, I like the colours and simple design.

Andrea said...

Another beautiful card - love the sparkly snowflakes.
Such a gorgeous cat too!
Love, Andrea xx

Sharli said...

Oh, I'm so envious - I had a Maine Coon - a big red male who was the bestest cat in the entire world. I loved him SO very, very much! He's been gone almost a year now but I think of him often and always miss him.

Your sweet baby is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

I guess I should pull myself back to the card, huh. I do love it - very striking - the dry embossed element really adds a LOT - I've got to keep practicing on that one (haven't gotten it quite right yet - I keep breaking through the paper).

Thanks for sharing -
Hugs!

Fiona said...

Very striking card Sarita and so classy. Aren't these stamps great? I bought the same ones as you and got a demo from Paula at The Glitter Pot a couple of weeks ago. They are so versatile that I don't think I will get bored doing my xmas cards this year (like I usually do when I churn out the same design!)
Your cat is beautiful! High maintenance tho' I bet, with all that lovely fur, my short haired cat leaves it everywhere.
x

Jackie said...

Another very classy card Sarita :o)
Jackie xx

Shaz said...

Another gorgeous card, really beautiful, and i just love that colour combo. xx

Tina said...

Joy - that means visiting your blog and looking at your breathtaking art.
Thank you for the lovely picuters of the "furmonster". That´s how I called my cat sometimes when she turned the demon out, heehee.

Hugs, Tina

Carol Q said...

you have such a talent making the simple look so classy and so right Sarita. this is gorgeous. lovely cat.

lamanuelle said...

Magnifique et très classe! J'adore ton chat! Bises. Nadine

Lynne said...

Beautiful!!! and that`s just the cat lol.Your card is amazing Sarita. What I want to know is... why do your CAS cards look so fantastic while mine just look naked?
Lynne xxx

Denise and Louise said...

I absolutely love your style - so clean and simple and 100% stylish.

Denise xx

Lisa Lara said...

I just love how you used the snowflakes Sarita. Wow.

Paula Pascual said...

Your cards are gorgeous. And so its your cat. The photo with the cat, well, it really melts my heart!!!!!