Saturday, 7 August 2010

A bit of recycling...

Nope...you're not seeing things...this is the same acetate background I used in my first Waltzingmouse sketch challenge a couple of weeks ago! That's OK isn't it lol? You see I am so busy in the week it takes me a while to get back into my crafting at the weekend so I am often stuck in "same card mode"...I so wish I had a creativity switch sometimes! Anyway, I hope you will forgive me.



The WM sketch challenge this week is much more in my comfort zone so I couldn't wait to get started.


WM9 b ss

I used WM's Spellbinder compatible Very Vintage Labels 5 stamp set. I've used a variety of flowers by Prima, and some Artwork strips of pearls to add a bit more background interest.

I did actually do a slightly different version by adding some ribbon although this does deviate from the sketch, so I removed it again...but I thought I would still post both versions!


WM9 ss

Well, I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do anything on my computer this weekend...it completely lost power last week and I haven't been able to use until today. Turns out it was a burnt out coil in the power supply unit...too much blogging probably lol! It's been a week of computer problems in the the Little Princess household...DH caught a virus...a computer virus...despite security software it still managed to get through and it completey crashed with a fatal system error...luckily hubby is a whizz with computers and backs up everything on a regular basis. Honestly, these people that deliberately cause these viruses should seriously get a life.


Right, I'm off to try and think of something completely different to create...I'll try not to rehash my old stuff to often LOL.

35 comments:

Lynne said...

You can rehash all you like girl, this is seriously gorgeous. I love both versions, with bow or without. Can`t wait to see what you`ve got in store for us next.
Lynne xxx

Carol Q said...

love this layout Sarita. I don't think it's something I could ever dream up which is why I like it so much!

Sue C said...

These are beautiful Sarita, love the stamping around the Nestie. Sue C x

Kerry said...

Totalling stunning Sarita. I have just looked through all your creations that you have made while I have been away and they are amazing. I love your style. Love Kerry xx

Sue said...

Hi ya Sarita
wow hun this is jaw dropping gorgeous hun, stunning creation, sue,x

Juls said...

wow!! I love your acetate cards! They are just so stunning! Love the black border, and the pearl detail just brings it to life perfectly! and the flowers are just the most beautiful addition!! absolutley beautiful! Hugs Juls

Andrea said...

Absolutely stunning - your cards amaze me!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is stunning! Love how you created this beautiful card!!

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sarita - did you know that you won Top Mouse for your first card? check it out here: http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/07/challenge-8.html

you can get a top mouse pic for your blog!

I just love the frippery stamped on the acetate and your gorgeous spray of flowers! I totally understand not having enough time in the day to be as creative as you want to be!!

thanks for playing with WMS again this week!

Vicki said...

lol I wish my cards looked this good recycled ;) I love the use of acetate, I alway worry they wont look enough but this is just so elegant and I love both versions :)

I shall have to experiment with a bit of acetate ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

patriziawithaz said...

What a beautiful card Sarita x I am more than happy to see any of your cards - anyway/anyhow x Just keep them coming x Love x

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card...love your use of acetate! Really elegant! xx Jenny xx

Belinda said...

So lovely! The pearls are just the perfect touch and the flowers are fab!

Jackie said...

I agree with Lynne, rehash as much as you like. Your designs are always so beautiful and I love this both with and without the ribbon :o)
Jackie xx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely stunning card Sarita!

Love Sheila xx

angelwhispers said...

Another wonderful card Sarita. Don't know how you manage these wonderful cards with acetate it really doesn't like me at all lol xx

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Love Chanelle xx

Aimes said...

Nope, nothing wrong with a spot of recycling; especially when the results are this fabulous!
Love it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Chris said...

Well your re-hash is our inspiration :D and this is such a beauty Sarita, no problem with creativity here, I love everything about it. Sorry to see you've had computer problems and lucky hubby is good with them. I agree, some people do need to get a life and they create such havoc too. Enjoy your Sunday Sweetie, hugs, Chris xx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Another stunning card Sarita! Really spectacular - love the way you stamped on the clear acetate then added pearls! It is so wonderful seeing your creations in the weekly WMSC - thanks so much for playing along :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the clear card...recycling is good! That pink flower just pops! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Tina said...

Recycling is so lovely! Just look how this card turned out - couldn´t be any better.

Hugs, Tina

Frida said...

Wow........
Just STUNNING and soooo stylish !!!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Yeah I think I can forgive you for reusing just about anything ;o)

Stunning as alwyas. Love the big purple flower, such a great colorsplash!

I hope all your computerproblems have come to an end!

Hugs
Gunn

Monique said...

So Unique.. I love how you have used the acetate... Very elegant:)

Julie said...

just beautiful

Fiona said...

Glad it's not just me who gets in "same card mode". This is a gorgeous creation Sarita and a re-hash of one of your great cards is no bad thing.
xx

Charmaine Stack said...

It's a concept that bears repeating. Lovely card!

Nicki said...

wow this is stunning! really like this
Take care
Nicki
x

lamanuelle said...

Une merveille!! Bravo! Bises. Nadine

Savitri said...

Just STUNNING!!! Love this creation! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful, Sarita! Stunning! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Chris said...

Another stunner, Sarita.

Chris x

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty and elegant! love the acetate base!

Lenet said...

Absolutely stunning! I love everything about your card!
Thank you for playing with us at waltzing Mouse challenges.

Paula Gale said...

we don't mind at all that you did the card again... I have been thinking about using acetate for a card recently - I'd never get to your standard tho - and if I did, it would be because i'd copied LOL

Paula x x x