Saturday, 24 July 2010

How could I have missed these??

You know when it comes to sniffing out new stamps I thought I had the nose of a bloodhound lol..so how, HOW, have I miss these lovely stamps designed by Claire Brennan from Waltzingmouse ??

I discovered these stamps quite by accident on someone's blog and couldn't believe my eyes...I mean these had to be designed with me in mind lol, they are soo me!

So I ordered one set...and then another...and then some more lol, now I have quite a few sets already and I absolutely love them. And they came this morning just in time for me to join in this week's Waltzingmouse sketch challenge!

wm1 ss

The beauty of Clare's stamps, apart from the fantastic designs themselves, is that so many of the stamps sets work with Nesties.


For this challenge I decided to use acetate, and stamped one of the designs from the Victorian Frippery stamp set in black Stazon to create the background. The gorgeous Nesties design is from the Very Vintage Labels No 2 set which I've stamped with Versamark in Spanish Moss.


For a little added interest, I've masked off some of my oval used for the sentiment, by using the edge of the vintage label stamp to create a curve and then coloured the rest of the oval with a black Promarker.

wm2 ss

I think it's fair to say I am already a devoted fan of Waltzingmouse stamps, and will no doubt be using Clare's lovely stamps for many of my creations in the future.


As you can see I've been having a play with uploading larger images using Flickr. Hope you like the new look!Well, so much for having a rest lol, as soon as my new stash arrived I was way too excited... but I suppose it has taken my mind off my cold!

29 comments:

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, love the use of the acetate, love that stamp sett too. xx

Carol Q said...

yep, definitely you Sarita. gorgeous card. nice to see acetate again.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Beautiful card! love the ribbons. It really looks good on an acetate bg. The stamps are gorgeous!

Hugs
Gunn

Jennifer said...

I love the acetate as your base....stunning! xx Jenny xx

Charmaine Stack said...

Lovely card. Your were fast off the mark with this week's challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations with WMS stamps.

Riet said...

So wonderful card Sarita,i love the stamps.
So gorgeous papers and the details.
So chique.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Sarita! So elegant! Love your color combo :) Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Waltzingmouse sketch challenge :)

Sian said...

Stunning card, love the printing on the acetate, it really shows of the stamped image. I love WMS too!

Vicki said...

These are stunning Sarita, love the colours you have used too and now I shall just pop over to Clare's website and have a browse ;)....lol

hugs
Vicki x

mckinkle said...

Another stunning card, I can tell this is one design that will become one of your favourites!
I love your use of acetate here, Id really love to have a try!

Keryn x

Michelle said...

Both cards stunning Sarita, cant stay - off to look at those stamps
x Michelle

Chrissie said...

Sarita, your blog never fails to take my breath away! Your cards are complete works of art and I don't think there's one that I don't love!
I've just had another feast!
Thanks, Chrissie

Julia Aston said...

Wow - you are quick with this sketch card Sarita! it is absolutely stunning! love the acetate - the colors you used and the lovely blooms! thanks so much for playing with WMS this week!!

Chris said...

What a beautiful, elegant card. I've not seen these stamps before so will have to check them out. :o)

Andrea said...

Such a beautiful card - love the way you have used a nestie and the acetate.
Love, Andrea xx

Sharli said...

Wowie! This is an amazing card - just fabulous! I'm speechless! Do you mind terribly if I save this for future inspiration? It's just perfect.

Claire Brennan said...

Oh WOW! Sarita, very elegant!! and I can't believe how clean your stamping on acetate it, when I try this it slips all over the place! lol, Thank you so much for playing along with us @ WMS!

Steph said...

Oooh la la!! So elegant, Sarita! Love the use of acetate and the colours are beautiful as always !

Kate W. said...

Oh la la! Your card is tres chic!! You stamp exquisitely on acetate!

Smita said...

Beautiful and très elegant! :-)


Smita

Juls said...

OH MY GOODNESS......SOOOOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Acetate cards..the stamped border is fabulous, love the ribbon detail and those fab pink flowers really make it pop!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Hugs Juls

Sue Lelli said...

This is the most BEAUTIFUL ELEGANT card! Just FABULOUS!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

I know it's been express several times already, not by me...Just Simply Beautiful.

Ruth M said...

Such a lovely, elegant card, fabulous job!

anya said...

Just beautiful, Sarita! The stamping on acetate it stunning! So glad you could play along with our sketch challenge this week!

Tracey said...

This is a stunning card Sarita, so elegant :)

I hope you are well & having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Ren-Yi said...

Sarita (what a fun name!) i love your acrylic card creation. what a great design. Congrats on your Top Mouse award.

Paula Gale said...

you've really showcased these cards well Sarita... I love this type of pattern too. I love swirls and flourishes and what I call 'posh' prints....

Paula x x x

Lavender Rose said...

I am so pleased to have found your wonderful blog and could comment on every single post as everytbing is stunning! This is very pretty and I am envious of your stamping on acetate, it hardly ever works out when I try!