Wednesday, 9 June 2010

A stamp with a twist...

OK, it's back to the black ink again lol...but I actually made this a couple of weeks ago whilst still in black ink mode!

Now when this SU stamp first appeared, I saw a lot of it in blogland, and deservedly so as it is one gorgeous stamp.

But, me being me, I wanted to try and think of doing something different with it...and this is what I came up with...

AP1 ss new

Now I'm not saying I'm the first to turn this stamp into an aperture card or anything, but I haven't seen it used quite this way before.

As already mentioned, I use black ink in many of my creations...probably far to much recently, but never with banana yellow!! This was supposed to be a practice run just using up some old cardstock I didn't think I was ever going to use...I don't usually use any shade of yellow in my crafting, but the more I progressed the more it grew on me, so I kept it!

If you look close enough you can just about make out all the black gems I've added to the card.

Right, enough of black ink...I will be back with something different soon!

23 comments:

Emma Lockley said...

wow! this is gorgeous!
love emma xxx

Bettythebaglady said...

That is lovely-I'm ashamed to say I have that stamp and I've never used it. That simple idea is great for mass production for charity cards etc. Thanks for posting it. Sometimes when you're just messing you're more relaxed and the ideas just flow. Theory over I love it. BettyXXX

Clare said...

Nothing wrong with black ink Sarita!!! such a beautiful card hun, i love it. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone with colours & recently used yellow and i am so pleased with how it turned out. Never know i might be a devil & use red next time!!! have a great week. Hugs Clare xxx

Vicki said...

Oooow I love it and guess what, I have this stamp so you know what that means (I can copy you.....lol) The colours go so well together!

Hugs
Vicki x

Sian said...

Stunning card, very stylish and great use of the stamp.

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Sarita this is so striking and gorgeous! I have been viewing all your gorgeous creations but just not left a comment :( So sorry! I love all your own designs! They are all fab!

Hope you are doing well!
Hugs Judy xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

OMG Sarita, this is fabulous!! No need to stop using the black ink - you make it look like a million dollars! I can see the gems too, which add a touch of decadence, and the yellow is superb with black.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Julie said...

A very striking card Sarita and elegant as ever

Fiona said...

Yet another stunner Sarita.

Fiona x

Emma said...

This is fabulous Sarita and so clever. Inspired colour choice too :D

Rufus said...

Don't have this stamp, but it sure works out nicely as an aperture card. Banana yellow? On the blog (at least on my screen) it comes across as a yellow cream. Whatever it's pretty!
R/

Lynne said...

I love your use of black ink, your cards always look so elegant and classy.
Lynne xxx

Smita said...

Gorgeous stamp and I loved that you turned it into an aperture card!! Looks very nice!!

Smita

chrissie's crafts said...

It's gorgeous Sarita, Simple yet Stunning.
Chrissie x

Riet said...

Ohhhh Sarita,So BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.xx

patriziawithaz said...

A stunning card - I just love all your creations. Maria x

Eileen said...

Oh wow this is stunning. Simply stunning. Eileen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

A very clever use of the stamp, Sarita, and banana yellow is the perfect contrast. Think bees! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Karen said...

You + Something Different + Fabby Stamp + Bit o' Bling = Beautiful Creation!!! :>:>

Kim said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I have that stamp and never even thought to use it like that! Your cards are always so elegant, please don`t stop using the black ink!!!
Hugs,
Kim

Paula Gale said...

stunningly beautiful.

Paula x x x

Linby said...

I keep meaning to get this stamp myself - I have seen so many clever things done with it - this included. Never would have thought to just take the middle out of it - doh!
Linbyx

Juls said...

this is fabulous! you stamping is amazing, and I love the striking colour combo! Hugs Juls